• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Everyone help with my Suspension settings

Went for a burn today on my phazer mtx in a lot of snow
lots of snow

I'm sold on this configuration
Limiter strap on the last (5th) hole
Rear suspension as hard as you can get it

Front suspension one click from hardest

I love this sled, just like a little tractor set up like this
Way easier to control in the fluff
And the front end rides way higher, I can actually see the speedo, instead of snow flying over it

Going to order a skinz float plate
Thanks for the help everybody
:Rockon:

Agreed on stiffer is better. I ride very hard and made mine into a ditch banger and rough trail sled (cause smooth trail setups are kinda useless much of the time where I ride). I did the GYTR up front, tun them at their stiffest setting on compression and rebound. Also did the 2500 torsion springs in rear on the hard setting in back and stiffened the shock as hard as it will go and this thing rocks on bumpy trails. I actually look forward to poor trail conditions now (or at least I don't worry about trail conditions any longer).

This is not a soft setup either, you need to ride with your chest on the bars basically. But when you do it's just like riding a MX race bike!

Amo

1st off thanks tbyrd ordered some xclicks the other day! 2nd which suspension set up are you guys using to best stop these sleds from diggin a trench once into some deep powder? soon as i get into anything deep or go to slow i get stuck! any help would be great, as i need to set up the ol lady's too so i dont have to dig us both out!! lol

I found that the limiter is best in the middle hole. 3rd I believe. I tried it out in 4 and 5 and it seemed to make it trench more. Skinz float plate a must and simons gen II ski's made a huge difference in the powder. Rear springs stiff as possible front skid shock one setting down from stiffest. And I like my ski shocks at 2nd to softest setting, less feedback into handlebars and way easier to throw around. And ive never had the front bottom out. I now have The mountain Tammer rear suspension, I know its some coin but i'm lovin it!!!!! Amazing adjustability with the fox flaots, solid cushy ride and 20 lbs. lighter, not to mention the lack of snow accumilation on suspension.

I'm finding that running the limiter all the way out 5th hole is working best for me

I was getting highcentered on the belly pan too much with the strap on the 3rd

It trenches a bit but dosen't stop,

Good luck

Back