• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

EVOL add on

MFC44

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
SR Viper LTX SE
Looking for some assistance before I shell out the cash for the add on for my Float 3 air shocks. Will the EVOL kit work with this set up. Thanks for any info.

Attachments

• IMG_20151008_121402480.jpg
    IMG_20151008_121402480.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 75

Fox is in my back yard. Rep said yes. I'll be doing this upgrade soon as well.

Not something I would want to tackle at home. Let Fox do the mods and re-build.

The Evol add on is pretty easy. Only special tool you need is a aluminum block to hold the shaft. Can be made with1/2in drill bit and a hacksaw. A strap wrench is needed on some to get the air sleeve loose but most your hands can loosen it. You don't really take the shock apart. Just air sleeve. Help is here if needed.

The Evol add on is pretty easy. Only special tool you need is a aluminum block to hold the shaft. Can be made with1/2in drill bit and a hacksaw. A strap wrench is needed on some to get the air sleeve loose but most your hands can loosen it. You don't really take the shock apart. Just air sleeve. Help is here if needed.
Thanks cannondale27 I have a strap wrench I have tools to make block just will need a little help in making it. I am ordering them next payday and will post for some help. Thanks.

No problem. In mean time look for a piece of aluminum 1/2 in thick minimum and 1in square minimum. Just drill a 1/2 inch hole in it right in center and then cut it in half. This is what you will use to hold the shaft in a vice so you don't ruin the shaft.

No problem. In mean time look for a piece of aluminum 1/2 in thick minimum and 1in square minimum. Just drill a 1/2 inch hole in it right in center and then cut it in half. This is what you will use to hold the shaft in a vice so you don't ruin the shaft.

This block on Ebay 2"x 2" x 7" this should work if I am following you on size needed

Attachments

• $_35.jpg
    $_35.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 67
That will work. Kinda pricy though. If you go that route drill a 5/8in hole in there too. Part Unlimited carries the blocks also.

Try mcmaster carr
They have plenty of stuff like that
Or even a local machine shop might sell you a piece
X2. If you have a small local machine shop they can probably make it for you for about the price of the one you posted

Back