• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Excell Exhaust???

You dont but I dont think you would see as high of gains with just the exhaust. Depending on altitude this also comes into play. If you have the extra cash I would get the fuel controller for sure but if not you can still run the exhaust with no probs but you wont get the full gain from the system

When we installed the Excell exhaust with the straight through muffler,we gained exactly what Excell claims at 8hp.But we found that the a|f went very lean at 13.24to1 and the engine was drawing .8in of vacuum at wide open throttle.We then simply took the lid off the airbox and made 2 more hp,totalling 10hp.Then we tuned the A|F back to 12.9to1 and found the rest of the power there.It all sounds simple but we also tryed timing and all kinds of different a|f ratios to find the most power.There is alot in getting the air fuel right.We used RB3 controller and have a map available with our kit.There is over 13hp in our kit

Hurricane,
I will give a call tomorrow to discuss a little more. I just sold my 09 xr1200 and am picking up a new leftover nytro RTX Saturday. Just going to ride it for the first year with some simple mods...exhaust, air box, etc and add some boost in another year or so.

Thanks
Mike

Back