• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Excell Motorsports new muffler

fx-treme

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 SR VIPER LTX SE
Not a whole lot of info on this yet. I wonder if they are going to offer a complete exhaust with their header pipes.

excell vipercat.jpg

Boy it makes me wonder if I should have waited rather than buy the MBRP. The Excell looks to be a huge step above in quality if the production units look like the pics.

My MBRP is "OK" in terms of build and weld quality. About like their diesel systems in that you get what you pay for, but there are butt joint welds on both the inlet and outlet pipes that appear unnecessary (could have been built as one piece) and the welds are pretty "ropy" and certainly nothing that I would be proud of. Then again this is on par with what I expect from MBRP.

The springs and screws and level of complication are a bit of a concern with the Excell.

Tough call it may actually be a better mounting system than the skinny weld on rods and stuff. Looks like it holds pretty secure. I wonder if they slash cut the outlet?

GM had an issue with a downpipe bracket cracking on the Duramax. They fixed by doing a complete wrap bracket. The aftermarket (MBRP and Diamond Eye) knew better (or so they thought) and just butt welded a tab to the pipe which didn't break the bracket, but ventilated the pipe when the pipe walls failed.

Last edited:
Instead of all the screws and springs, a marmon type V clamp to hold the unit together would sure simplify things. Maybe in version 2?

Might be tough to get a clamp setup for an oval form.

Sure looks a lot like the Hindle Exhaust I put on. Looks like very nice build quality.
WP_20140416_14_13_12_Pro.jpg

Boy it makes me wonder if I should have waited rather than buy the MBRP. The Excell looks to be a huge step above in quality if the production units look like the pics.

My MBRP is "OK" in terms of build and weld quality. About like their diesel systems in that you get what you pay for, but there are butt joint welds on both the inlet and outlet pipes that appear unnecessary (could have been built as one piece) and the welds are pretty "ropy" and certainly nothing that I would be proud of. Then again this is on par with what I expect from MBRP.

The springs and screws and level of complication are a bit of a concern with the Excell.

I agree...lots of hardware and screws....but it's a nice looking piece!

I have seen it in person, held it in my hand along with the competitors, there is no comparison in quality. It made the others look like something that would be on a honda civic..(no offense civic fart can owners) I have a sound clip on my phone, but my phone will not allow me to save it..kinda weird..But it has the Excell sound, deep and throaty but would easily go through a NYS check point. He is known for quality, I can assure you that the mounting hardware is as solid as all the other systems he has made that have never been an problem..The system has been been tested for almost a year, I have seen it in various forms when i stop in and do my sales calls, It's not like they "rushed to the gun" on this and came out with a system 4 weeks after the viper was released. Seeing it in person, the design process and quality, it's second to none..

I also saw the intake, Ram air intake with velocity stacks inside the airbox!!! F-ing sick!!!

Any of you guys close to him, shoot down and check it out in person, The guys there are great, beautiful drive this time of the year, and best of all there is always a bunch of cool stuff to look at!!!

The shape reminds me of the Yoshi muffler for dirt bikes. Aftermarket has been using that rubber pitch clamp design for alot of years now with no issues.

Back