• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Excessive track spin on jack stand

bitburner

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2013 Nytro XTX 1.75
Newbie here, first off I have to say how great this site is and thanks for all the info I've gotten.

I have a 2013 xtx 1.75, I just put the hurricane hindle kit on and there clutch kit as well. Now my track spins quite fast at idle. I shimed the three bolts on the back side of the secondary and now the belt sticks up about 1/8". I weighed the old weights and they were 60 grams and new ones are 58 grams and the springs I put in are the same as stock just new. Any body got any ideas?

So far I have the OFT relocate, star suspension kit, IP vent, dupont hifax, HID lights, foam added to seat.

Track creep is normal, but excessive speed isn't. Remove a shim washer on each of the bolts and run the sled to see if it's more to your liking. A new belt can cause this too.

Why did you shim the bolts? Was your belt loose?

I would take the shims out and see how it does for a start.

Also, put the sled on the floor or hold the brake for a better feel for if you have a problem or not before you do anything.

I will take a shim out and see how it works. The belt was put on and used all last season. I shimed it because the belt was sitting flush in the secondary.

If you're still not happy with belt deflection, try finding a washer that isn't as thick as the one you remove.

The one I put in is thicker than stock so I will take the stock one out and leave the other one in and see how she goes.

Hope fully it works I don't want it driving away like my old fusion haha

Check manual for the 1 mm belt deflection and idle rpm. They all creep while in the air. Do it on the floor.

Mine started to spin quite a bit faster after installing my clutch kit. It's not a problem at all! She's trying to tell you she's ready to rock and roll! If it bugs you put it on the ground during warmup or put on the e brake. You probably have on a new belt too, the track spin will decrease a fair bit when your belt wears down some.
Like said above, check your manual for proper deflection and belt ride height. It describes clearly what you want and how to measure it.

Back