• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust Gaskets (Donuts) - Change them and avoid a headache!

Yes, all Yamaha 4 strokes have/use the same donuts. Even the FX chasis sleds. Do a search you will find all you need to know and then some. If you ride agressively I would change them every year, assuming you get @1800 to 2200 miles / year, if not go two years. I wouldn't go any longer than that. As I said before they won't fail sitting in your garage all summer, they fail when you ride it; in the very short winter when everything is on back order.

john_the_fisherman said:
The three bangers do it too. My Vector has about 7000 miles and it rattles like a damn tambourine. I suppose I should pull it apart. What a pain in the arse!

I am not sure how the 4 cyl's are but I did my vector last night, I bought the parts weeks ago when I heard these go back around 5k, Ijus turned 5k and could hear the rattle. It was a PITA, but the biggest thing was I had to heat the bolt clamps to get them off....

SharkAttak said:
are the parts still back ordered?

I should have my set in by mid week. Hope so since I'm down and out right now and can't ride this weekend. Took sled apart yesterday and found 2 wore right out and the other 2 missing. :o|

Dan

Back