• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Extending a 121" CK skid

779cookies

Lifetime Member
Being toying with doing this the last couple of seasons, but I'd like to get some input from people who have done it. Specifically in regards to increased speed. I am happy enough with skid after re valving to a multi stack in both shocks and re springing the front shock to a Hygear dual rate spring. Guys on here talk about the speed of the warriors and I don't see that the skids are much different except the length. Looking at 128 or 136, very happy with my sled's trail manners just want more going across the lake. Not ready to change skid right now, even though that is what the majority do, as I said, I am happy with the ride. Track is showing signs that this may be its last season, so I thought I'd get some input. Also wondering about the fatigue on the rails at the back arm location, seen pictures of cracks there, I think extensions would add extra stress there, anybody seen this happen?

i put a hartman 136 in my apex mono, swichrd gearing to attack 23 tooth n put extro drivers, not one problem so far, also did this years back to my viper, 136 hartman kit with zero problems, best thing i ever did to both sleds, i would highly recommend it!

I have a brand new set of Track USA extensions to go from 121 to 128 if your interested let me know.

I run the 23 gear as well, did you gain any speed with the conversion?
no i figured i lost about 5 mph, due to 1.5 inch intense track but i didnt care the off trail capabilities increased 100 percent, i also dalton clutched it at same time with custom helix and at wot on a long stretch of lake , given her all shes got to give i still had it humm dingin at 118 mph on dream o meter!this year i put on excell muffler, mbrp head pipes, pc3,ign module, ulmar maps, intake mod and am waiting for snow to try!!

another bonus was the sled just looked better, it looked more proportioned, it took on a better more meaner looking stance!!

I have a set of custom made billet aluminum solid 136" rails for the CK skid. They were made by muffin works.

What do the rails look like where the rear arm attaches? Do they still have that cut out piece?

Attachments

• rail rtx.jpg
    rail rtx.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 69
Mr. Sled, or any of the worldly gentleman on this site, how do we pm now, I don't see the icon anymore on the new web page.

You need to start a "conversation".
Click on whoever you want to pm, then click the "start a conversation" tab.

Back