• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Extending RX-1

JROCK

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha Apex GT
Extending my Expert X to 136" in my RX-1! Not sure what to go with for track lug height. Have it narrowed down to predator 1.25" or 1". I will run 108 doubles for studs down the middle either way. Want good acceleration and top end mostly ride groomed trails and also want it to handle the corners as well as the shorty with ripsaw and 144 studs. Keep fuel mileage as high as i can for the long quebec rides also. I ask alot lol

If your in my spot what track would you take?

i run an 05 rx stretched to 136, also with the expert-x. been running the 1.25 ripsaw the last few years with good results. my next track will most likely be the pre studded track as a few of my buddys run them and they work well. i will not stud a track and this track is a cross between no studs and full studs. if i was doing an extension over again (rails) i would get them made with the 6 degree tip up out back, as i see no down side to this feature. pm me if your intrested in custom extensions.

Hey grader! Was talking to you earlier about this and you mentioned a guy i believe from snowest, frank if i remember correctly. I got a hold of him and hes said he is no longer making expert x extensions because of the cost of the material. Do you think with the 6 degree tip up rails you could have some clearance issues with the tunnel on hard tail landings? Anyone else you know makes custom rails?

its been a few years since he made mine, so i have no idea if he is still in business. you should be able to take boivins extensions and have a shop modify them for you. they just fishplate on the ends, so the angle would change slightly. as for clearance i lowered my rear mount half inch and that would probably be enough with the tip-up.

I tried searching for other manufacturers that made extension kits for the expert x, but couldn't find any.
I plan on turning my 121 into a 144.
I got the muffin works tunnel extension, a new 144x15x1.25 ripsaw off of a nytro xtx and just today I ordered the rail extension kit from AD Boivin.
I would also like to try the rail tip-up at the rear but haven't seen one on an expert x yet.
I haven't installed my tunnel extension yet but it looks like clearance would not be an issue with tipped up rails. The muffin works extension looks like it also angles upward to accommodate the tip-up.

expert x 151 to 162 in trx1

i will be converting my buddies x from 151 to 162 this spring,gonna weld an extention in the rail,pretty simple really

Good to hear about muffin works tunnel extension! I will probably be ordering one up! As far as the track goes has anyone tried the 1" vs the 1.25" predator. Will the 1" hook as good as my old 1.25" ripsaw?

Do you run studs with your cobra? Any loss in top end with that lug height?

no studs on the cobra, I have noticed a substantial increase in hookup from this over the ripsaw, my buddies F6 came stock with this track and he has the same impression

I would like to run studs for safety but with that track you need to run a 1.450" stud i would be worried about clearance issues. Leaning toward the 1" predator with 108 doubles diggers fully clipped.

Back