• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Extra parts after rebuild... Where do these go?

GR8BBQ

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Yamaha SRViper X-TX SE
2017 Ski-Doo Blizzard 900 ACE
2001 Yamaha SXR 700 Triple
1995 Polaris Indy Lite
I was just about to put the sled back in the trailer; all waxed and everything after some serious summer projects.... I have two flange bolts, M6, 16mm long left over... Anyone have any ideas as to what I forgot to put back together? I just went through the parts diagrams and the only place I see anything like them are in the Frame 1 diagram. There are 8 of them there, so I don't think that's it.
IMG_20221011_184031.jpg

Here's what I worked on if it helps narrow down where these may have come from....
Carbides
Primary Clutch rebuild - add Thunder products rollers, clean and inspect
Secondary clutch cleaning
Belly pan protector installed
Rivnut both Belly pans
Oil Change
Chaincase oil change
Chaincase replace shift forks
Chaincase replace top gear
Chaincase weld chain tensioner
Lube skid
Clean oil separator
Remove skid for replacing sliders, rebuilding shocks
Replace Driveshaft with 2.52 10 tooth
Replace track with Ice Attack 144"
Add BOP driveshaft saver
Replace driveshaft bearing (brake side)
Grease jackshaft bearing (brake side)
Add BOP MPS kit
Replace Brake fluid
Repack all bogie wheels

Last edited:
They look to me like they are belt deflection bolts on backside of secondary. There should be three of them.
Thanks Travis. I took those out a while back when I added a belt adjuster, so it can't be those.

Is the end machined flat on the bolts? They are a specialty bolt and not used anywhere else on sled. I just measure one and they are 16mm long like you state.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!
IMG_20221012_090336.jpg

Must not be from my projects this summer. They must have fallen out of my storage bag where I had been keeping them in case I needed to revert back to manual belt adjustment. Travis you are a lifesaver!

Wow, you did almost everything that I did to my 2015 viper, my question is about the jackshaft bearing on the secondary clutch side ... there is a small c- clip on the Shaft but also a groove in the mount that holds the bearing, my sled did not have a retaining ring in it, did yours???? Will I harm anything by placing one in there???? Hope Travis sees this and any others that can respond.. I placed a snap ring there I belive it was 63mm

.... my question is about the jackshaft bearing on the secondary clutch side ... there is a small c- clip on the Shaft but also a groove in the mount that holds the bearing, my sled did not have a retaining ring in it, did yours????
No, mine only had c-clip on the shaft, that's all I put back. I can't comment on the effect of adding another retaining clip on the bearing mount; I'm interested in hearing other's replies as well. Thanks!

Wow, you did almost everything that I did to my 2015 viper, my question is about the jackshaft bearing on the secondary clutch side ... there is a small c- clip on the Shaft but also a groove in the mount that holds the bearing, my sled did not have a retaining ring in it, did yours???? Will I harm anything by placing one in there???? Hope Travis sees this and any others that can respond.. I placed a snap ring there I belive it was 63mm
From what I've gathered Cat models with team clutches use the large snap ring and yamaha models omit it since they have the small snap ring on jackshaft. Cat jackshaft does not have the small snap ring. Yamaha was going for weight savings!

From what I've gathered Cat models with team clutches use the large snap ring and yamaha models omit it since they have the small snap ring on jackshaft. Cat jackshaft does not have the small snap ring. Yamaha was going for weight savings!
Thank you for the reply Travis, you are a world of knowledge...

Back