• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Extrovert track drivers

gytrapex

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
06 yamhah apex gt
I got the extrovert track drivers dose any one know how do you press them on or what press you need to do it thank you

I just pressed some Avid extroverts onto a shaft the other day, so it's fresh in my mind. It's pretty simple and can be done with a hydraulic press such as this one. It doesn't take much pressure to press them on, but you want to make sure the press has enough space between the cylinder and crossbars (the parts that are adjustable by moving the pins into different holes) to allow you to stand the shaft up vertical. I could go into more detail about it, but I think this video will be a little more informative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSffgXAS3-I

Hopefully this helps!

Thank you that help a lot
I just pressed some Avid extroverts onto a shaft the other day, so it's fresh in my mind. It's pretty simple and can be done with a hydraulic press such as this one. It doesn't take much pressure to press them on, but you want to make sure the press has enough space between the cylinder and crossbars (the parts that are adjustable by moving the pins into different holes) to allow you to stand the shaft up vertical. I could go into more detail about it, but I think this video will be a little more informative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSffgXAS3-I

Hopefully this helps!

You're welcome, glad I could help! I was going to add a few pics of the install, but for some reason can't get them off my phone. There's probably another way to do it without a press, but I'm not sure what it would be other than using a hammer, which I'd be reluctant to do.

I be scared to it May mess up some thing knowing my luck lol
You're welcome, glad I could help! I was going to add a few pics of the install, but for some reason can't get them off my phone. There's probably another way to do it without a press, but I'm not sure what it would be other than using a hammer, which I'd be reluctant to do.

Back