• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

EXUP guys...heads up!

I agree... Don't do a diagnostic check if you don't feel you have issues. Mine broke during the test also. And to truly tick you off, the price to replace these cables is ridiculous. A $5 cable should not cost you $50.

Im gonna see if Yamaha will give me my money back as I have 2 years of my YES warranty left. First Ill ask my local dealer when i pick up the new cables. If that fails, Ill try with Yamahas claims dept

Lol, yeah, I remember standing in my garage 1 day before my first trip of the year, looking at TWO broken cables. Called Port Yamaha and Kevin tells me there is ONE black cable in the entire United States.... AND Canada! NO silver cables at all. Sooo glad I'm running an Ulmer header now.

I'm not as surprised by them breaking, but more at how fast. My sled is a 2017, only 2660 miles. I wouldn't let it wreck a trip. I would wire it open for that ride. I'll keep alot closer eye on this pair of cables, and keep some anti seize on them.

OH, to my knowledge I was the first guy to do that here. Ran like that most of the year. Replaced them in the summer then when they broke again, I just wired it open and rode it. Only replaced it because 3of the flanges disintegrated. Sled has over 15,000 on it and I'm keeping it lol.

That's odd they are known to snap when performing the diagnostic test because I'm pretty sure I cycled thru the test at least 4 times to get my notch, hole and line to all line up. Just need to add some antisieze to hopefully prolong the header replacement.

So, why does the diagnostic check break them? Mine was intact and working until i cycled it like Mr Sleds video shows. Thats when they snapped. 2660 miles, kinda pisses me off. I feel like i should not have even checked them.
Similar situation... wish I would have never checked mine a month ago

I anti seized the crap out of my new cables. I will not be doing the diagnostic check on them again unless I feel something is wrong

I went by the book. It’s not my fault they break. That means there not adjusted correctly. I have cables if anyone needs any. I removed all of it anyway.

Haha, Mr Sled, your video is spot on. It's the heat cycles that kill the cables. I'm thankful for your vids

I went by the book. It’s not my fault they break. That means there not adjusted correctly. I have cables if anyone needs any. I removed all of it anyway.
I'm not blaming you, Tom. I feel my cables broke because of neglect on my part.

When I opened up my inspection cover 3 yrs ago, my valve was out of adjustment. So, I began the diagnostic cycle and one cable snapped instantly. That's why I started this thread, because I feel corrosion, among other factors, is at the forefront of this issue. I never would have known how to check and adjust mine without your video...period!

Again, I'm not blaming you and I'm sorry you feel that way, but I do understand the frustrations of others when this happens. I feel a touch of seasonal TLC makes all the difference.

If I ever break another cable, and my header isn't falling apart; I will once again use your video to make the adjustment.

I'm just not ready to dump any more big money into a snowmobile that I only put 150 miles on last year.

Last edited:
We'd be screwed without this site. I fully blame Yamaha for their crappy powervalve cables, monoskid shock cables, and now the damn ex-up cables.

Just watched the vid. Looks like a great time... Haven't checked mine. 2012 - 3300 miles