• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Factory Warranty

PowderFalcon

Pinnin' it!
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2021 Sidewinder SRX
hey all, did anyone buy extended factory warranty? think its worth it? (not including those that had it included at spring check, i mean actually paid for it). $1500 cdn for another 2 years.... seems like a lot for something with yamaha's legendary quality, but with a first year model, boost, sensors, electrical, etc.... wondering if its worth it.

wild card question... what about if the sled is flashed?!?! warranty void? or reflash to stock for warranty work?

hey all, did anyone buy extended factory warranty? think its worth it? (not including those that had it included at spring check, i mean actually paid for it). $1500 cdn for another 2 years.... seems like a lot for something with yamaha's legendary quality, but with a first year model, boost, sensors, electrical, etc.... wondering if its worth it.

wild card question... what about if the sled is flashed?!?! warranty void? or reflash to stock for warranty work?

I don't think i am going to drop $1500 for a couple years...unless come march we start hearing about these sleds exploding lol. And as far as warranty goes on a flashed sled. Technically it is void. BUT it really depends on your relationship with the dealer. Whether the ecu is relashed to stock...there will still be history saved there somewhere showing what boost pressures have been at. If you threw a rod I am sure Yamaha would want to investigate.

i've actually heard that yamaha is working on that for 2018 - having an ECU that has trace-ability to know if it's been flashed or not due to flashes being so readily available. As far as i know for current model, if you flash it back to stock, its not traceable.

I bought the extra 2 yrs (for a total of 5 yrs) for my LTX-LE. Especially, due to being 1st yr model, figured it was worth it. It wasn't an extra $1500, though. If it was, I probably wouldn't have. I'm not doing any mods that will void the warranty either, such as reflash. Probably the only way one would get away with it would be 2 have an extra ECU, which was left completely stock. Pretty expensive spare part too.

I bought the extended warranty. I had a viper and a lot of problems with the chain case, That is why I didn't want to take a chance.

I bought the warranty for the Arctic cat factor of my sidewinder not the engine
I bought it this spring, and I did it because it's a first year model, & 2ndly for resale. My dealer told me he'd have an easier time selling it again with warranty, and I believe he's right.

I've heard the opposite...

This is an interesting one, as I've heard both positions. I've also heard (from a Yam Tech and Yam Service Manager that is it "not" possible at this time). What we have, is a coin toss here. I guess it's possible either way, but expect the unexpected (don't be shocked if warranty is void when they determine you've flashed back to stock and they've been able to trace...).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back