• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fan Reverse Warning

Oh then yes go to Napa or any auto store and ask for the weatherpack tool under $10 and very handy. You just unclip the plastic latch on one of the connectors,slide the tool over the prong in other end and wire will come right out. Just switch them.
Thanks again Cannondale27.

Just to add my 2 cents in. We were running beautiful trails today temp 28 F and my wife was in the middle of the pack. Her sled started to get sluggish and then flashed temp. Turns out the tunnel was fairly iced up in the front and I had the fan reverse engaged. It wouldnt cool down running 50 - 60 mph with the fan in reverse. Temp showed 200 on the cluster. Cleaned the ice out and ran it in loose snow and it cooled down immediately. Ran to the local bar and pulled the hood off to reverse the fan plug. No problems after that.
If you run the fan reverse try to make it accessible without pulling the hood off. Its not a big deal having a couple of these and pulling the hoods dozens of times this past fall but a nuisance on the trail.

Oh then yes go to Napa or any auto store and ask for the weatherpack tool under $10 and very handy. You just unclip the plastic latch on one of the connectors,slide the tool over the prong in other end and wire will come right out. Just switch them.
Was the easiest thing I have done. Thanks.

I've been looking at switch options to allow the fan reverse to be switched on the fly and really prefer the looks of this one...

upload_2016-1-26_8-48-56.png

My concern is how may people feel comfortable cutting a rectangular hole in their cowling to install a switch like this? I think these don't look nearly as nice but they only require a round hole that can easily be drilled...

upload_2016-1-26_8-50-33.png

I've been looking at switch options to allow the fan reverse to be switched on the fly and really prefer the looks of this one...

View attachment 115043

My concern is how may people feel comfortable cutting a rectangular hole in their cowling to install a switch like this? I think these don't look nearly as nice but they only require a round hole that can easily be drilled...

View attachment 115044
Just put it next to the seat heater switch. Have a matched set.

Back