• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Few questions about skid in 2011apex

happy1426

Expert
i have the skid out to replace all wheels n bearings n bushings question is what size sockets to take of rear axel?? And what do you guys usually torque too? Thanks

1 1/4 and 1 1/16 60 ft lbs

Not a chance bud biggest socket I have is 24mm and its way to small for the small nut I just got some bigger sockets here from a friends thanks for torque specs!!

I just checked my addendom for 2011 and up and it still says 54ft pounds. Maybe the nuts are different size on the newer ones can't remember from when I messed with mine.

20 mm axle's shaft is 17mm head and 19mm nut, 25mm axle's have a 1 1/4 nut and a 1 1/16 head.

Thats strange because I know I used a 17mm & a 19mm to loosen my rear axle to install the star linkage kit on my 2012 , hmph
XTX has a 20mm axle,

20mm axle is solid

25mm axle is hollow

Last edited:
For the 128" mono/megafloat guys with the larger hollow axle, be sure and tighten the axle nut on left side after any suspension wrenching, had a buddy that lost two of those expensive nuts along with the outer wheel on the trail, they back off easily if not tightened to torque spec.
Fortunately, I was following each time and saw/retrieved the wheels, but the nut......she goonne!

My 2011 apex SE use a 32mm nut and on the shaft i used a 1-1/16. Fits perfect just went out in the garage to check for you.

Back