• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Finally joined

Fortress

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2004 RX1
Hello I have been a spectator of this forum for a bit and glad to have joined...possibly to help others now as well.we have 2 2004 RX1 mountain with, reverse,2 inch riser,apex seats,nytro rear gas shocks, rear heat exchanger....that's about all I can think of,anyway glad to chat with other RX owners! I was wondering if these sleds can be rolled over or not? thanks.

Rolling is not good as the oil can get into the cylinders and ruin the motor if it is running. If you tip try and hit the kill switch ASAP and if you have to put it on its side to work on it make sure the oil tank is on the low side (tip to the right).

Edit: There is a valve you can buy to prevent damage, can't remember the name but somebody will

Roll over valve. I think someone on this site sells them?

Hello I have been a spectator of this forum for a bit and glad to have joined...possibly to help others now as well.we have 2 2004 RX1 mountain with, reverse,2 inch riser,apex seats,nytro rear gas shocks, rear heat exchanger....that's about all I can think of,anyway glad to chat with other RX owners! I was wondering if these sleds can be rolled over or not? thanks.
welcome, always good to have more RX owner's-since they are still the best......

Rx-1 mountain.......awesome sled. Had an 03, sold it in 08 with 31,650 miles. Guy I sold it to still rides it. Toughest, most reliable sled I've ever seen. Happy Trails!!!!

Welcome to the site. They are called Roll Over Valves and if you are an off trail guy they are a must. I have one along with a tether and its great. I ride pretty hard so its pretty common that I roll my sled over to get it unstuck(Shut off). Usually when I do roll it over I let it sight for a minute or 2 just to let the oil run back down the bottom of the motor. The Roll over valve is more so the oil in the oil tank does all drain out into the air box with can leave a huge mess under the hood.

Sounds good guys, hopefully I'll get to put some serious miles on them, I've seen them for sale with tens of thousands of miles before,between working 50 or 60 hrs a week and low snow conditions we haven't had much luck! I learned lots about this roll over valve,and I'll be careful till I decide to buy it, thanks for the info!

Back