• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Finally rode a Nytro!!

GIMME SNOW

Expert
So I went to the dealer today to see if they had any pricing on a XTX. They didn't, but was telling him that I am going to spring order, and was thinking about the XTX. Long story short he let me ride their demo Nytro. Mind you I have never squeezed the throttle on a Yammi 4-stroke, HOLY MOTHER!!! This things got some serious torque, 0-70 was no problem. :Rockon: Had a smile on my face the whole time. Was able to ride for about 30 mins. My thoughts were impressive of the power, and riding position, front end was hard to steer though (which I have been hearing so no shocker their) wind protection--None :brrr: , so not sure how it would be all day trail riding with a different windshield. (is hard making too much of an opion after only 30 mins.) So still wondering about the 09' Apex LTX and what they will do with it. All in all very impressive sled, and the things that they say they changed to the front end of the XTX hopefully will help. The Nytro is now definitely on my list. Since I still own a Viper, squeezing the throttle on that this weekend just won't be the same.

Glad to hear you liked it. I have the older version of the nytro & for mine a taller windsheild makes a world of difference.

Yes, the torque of a 4 stroke is great. The older Nytros had steering/handling issues out of the box too, and from what I have read the new ones are no better. Alot of it has to do with Yamaha's lousy plastic skis.

Back