• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Float Vent T broken

justafatman

Country
USA
Snowmobile
03 RX-1
First time poster but I've been lurking for a few months now, I'm new to snowmobiling and this is my first sled. Stoked on how much info is available here and how great the community is.

Bought an RX-1 a little bit ago and I'm going around doing what I can to make it better but she's been beat hard and put away outside :(

While working on it I found that one of my T's the overflow tube connects too is broken. The elbow between cards 1-2 (we count up from the clutch side right?)
With some use of the search I can find people having issues with fuel flowing out but I haven't seen anything posted on them being broken.

I doesn't seem like there's an easy way to replace it.... Hoping for some advice on replacing it without having to disassemble the carb unit or something.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Attachments

• rx1_vent.jpg
    rx1_vent.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 43
  • rx1_vent2.jpg
    rx1_vent2.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 40

It’s just a vent so I’d glue it and tape it maybe? I’d definitely do something scabby if it was me lol.

It’s just a vent so I’d glue it and tape it maybe? I’d definitely do something scabby if it was me lol.
Fair haha! the plan is to leave the scabby repairs available for the trail and attempt to make it as good as I can at home

i would grind the flange off and use one of theses in there. i would use super glue to hold it in if needed.
You sir are a genius! that looks like it'll work a treat!

I broke my fuel inlet pipe {Tee} There are just 2 long bolts holding the rails together. Not to hard to remove the bolts and wiggle the old tees out and replace. Just watch for the carb adjustment screw springs don't fall out. They are a bitch to get back in. Good luck.

Back