• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fox float 3 rvol rc2 vs Axis pro

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Sr Viper RTX LE
For the past 12 years I have had nothing but air shocks from Fox on my slaves, now I have the Fox Float 3 evol RC's on my sled now. I was thinking about going to the evol RC 2 but my friend said that a very good coil-over-shock is better than any other air shock on the market. Is this true? Then I was watching snotraxx today and they were talking about the Arctic Cat having the q3 coil over shock and they said now that the Artic cat has that it makes it rides so much better than when it had the floats on it and articat should put the coilover shock on every single one of the rough trail sleds. so this has me thinking, does he have any idea what he's talking about or should I stay with the floats?

I spent 1600 to not have to deal with the air shock anymore on my nytro, my father did same on his viper. Everyone I know prefers the coilover. One kid we ride with bought nytro rtx with air shocks and came from a 02viper, and he said on first ride that the air shocks suck. To much surface area to seal to make them smooth. Compressing air is progressive, gets stiffer as it goes. A coil spring is linier and smooth. If weight is your issue then get titanium spring.

Back