• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fox Float Pressure?

Chris K

Veteran
Where are you setting your pressures? And why?

I'm 205 lb. and a semi-aggressive rider, soon to be more aggressive as the confidence level goes up.

55-65 depending on conditions and roughness of trails. At either pressure I have yet to bottom out the front. As for the back well... hopefully Hy-Gear will take care of that this year. At the lower pressures the ride height is dropped and this dramaticly helps ki lift. I did notice when I put my USI Tripple Threats on that I could run closer to the 65 all the time and ski lift was near eliminated. Almost any sled I think is best at around 60 +/- 5-10 lbs. If your up at 80-100 or even 150 (the max) I don't think it would be ridable. I looks cool because it sits way off the ground but try cornering, forget it. I would start at 60 psi and if you feel they are too soft go up from there. This goes for any sled.

I started out at 60 psi and thought that was good for me. But after having ski lift I listened to some of the guys on here and lowered it to 37.5 psi. What a difference for me. Even handled the bumps better.

I set mine at about 60-65psi because when you keep the psi higher I feel like it gives me more ski pressure and in turn the sled becomes more positive to turn. I am sure that inside ski lift is increased as opposed to setting the shocks around 50psi but I was happy with the ride I was getting at about 60-65 psi. I also sure that with how tall and skinny the phazer is compared to other sleds that, raising the air pressure 10 or 15 psi will make quite a bit of difference in handling.

Back