• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fox floats

Opinions. Lol

I agree on the opinions comment.

To the OP:
I would suggest you verify that the party making the comments actually has or had Floats on a Viper AND had them revalved by a top notch shop. I'll also note that the std floats definitely benefit from the Evol chamber addition which allows you to tailor the "spring's" initial and finish rate independently. The std Float ramps up the spring rate in a big hurry when compressed deep into it's travel.

I have the Float RC2 with the Kashimna coatings upgrade. Overall the Floats valving was better match to my sled than the Zero pro skid shocks. I just had Carver Performance do my full set of shocks but have not yet ridden it. What I can say is that the sled moves more freely now than it did before which is what I am looking for. A more compliant ride on the chatter and still have the big bump capabilities.

Last edited:
I have run floats on 2 apex and my Viper. I swapped the straight floats on the Viper to the Evol RC2's for most of last season and hated them. Any adjustments in air pressure in all 4 tubes require 10 mins minimum. To change the bond rebound and stutter requires screwdrivers and a wrench. Even after getting them close to tolerable on the bumps they were not great in the corners. I have replaced them this season for the Hygear Axis package coil overs with reseviors and clickers. The shocks can be revalved and made less harsh while running higher pressures but in my opinion will never be a great shock for fast tight twisties vs long straight bumpy trails. As was with my apex's the viper is a whole different sled with the coil overs on it.

My main problem with the whole idea is that as you decrease the main tube pressure you also lower your ride height and decrease travel of the shock.

I haven't made any major changes to the air pressure in mine once set. I made some clicker changes, but as delivered there was little to no effect. Shocks have now been revalved and I need to get out and set them up. One tool does it all on the Floats.

In talking to Mike Carver I learned that the natural reaction with the Floats is to lower air pressure to compensate for a harsh ride. He recommended pressures even higher than I was running before. My sled sits with the a-arms inclined to the center which is higher than the typical DX machines. This is at my old setting of 68 psi main 110 Evol and new starting pressure of 80 psi 140 Evol.

Back