• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fresh Hyfax and wheels

Bluebullet

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 sidewinder LTX GT, 2010 Apex LTX GT
Just installed a new set of regular hyfax and some over sized wheels. Here is a pic. Hope I can get 5000 miles out of these. I tried red hyfax last season and only lasted 1 season. Any one know who makes these wheels? Doo? POO? or just aftermarket? I bought them off ebay to have for spares. Here is a pic. I am registered here in Mass this year hoping to check out some trails here and still ride in Maine also. I hate these big ... stickers.

Attachments

• stickerpic.jpg
    stickerpic.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 81
  • 282.jpg
    282.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 103

They look to be Polaris wheels from the early-mid 2000's era.

Yeah it does look like Polaris' design, but it's possible they are made by Kimpex. Usually, the info, ie. manufacturer and size, is stamped on the wheel itself.

Thanks guys I will look to see If the MFGR is stamped on the wheel somewhere. I noticed they were slighlty larger than the stockers. I would like to get a couple more for the rear middle idlers.
Thanks Again
Blue ;)!

I used some kimplex idlers that are a little taller then stock. But they are also wider so I had to grind my mounts down some so the inside ones will miss the rubber nubs. Work great!

Looked them up today Poo wheels 5.35" PN 1594082 Seem to be used around 1999 om most models.
Thanks guys
Blue ;)!

We've had bad snow seasons here for the last few years. Only 15 miles away it's been good. Go figure. Because of that I've gotten good at changing Hyfax. So much I wouldn't bother with trying bigger wheels and the issues that come with it. I just tap the hyfax back out of a rear window about 2 in that I cut in the shape of a Dove tail. Put it in reverse and gently throttle it. It peels right off. Or I can grab the ends with a Vise Grip and tap the Vise Grip and out she comes. I did install Ice Scratchers now for those bad days.

This year I added the Pioneer Performance drop down kit to my sled. The kit uses the existing Yamaha wheels with solid brackets. I also have both small wheel kits.

i have the same wheels in my phazer 136 and i just changed slides with 3000 miles - they would have lasted the rest of this season but had the skid out for shocks.

Capt.Storm said:
I used some kimplex idlers that are a little taller then stock. But they are also wider so I had to grind my mounts down some so the inside ones will miss the rubber nubs. Work great!
Same wheels here. I needed to take about 1/16" off the mount to keep the inside wheels centered.

Back