• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Front end bushing kit

journeyman

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Attak GT
I need to replace the front end bushings on my 2007 Attak GT.

Are the oilite bushings worth the extra cost or are the fiber/nylon ones ok?

I bought this machine super clean with 12,000 easy rider miles. I have put on about 2,300 on it so far and when installing new skis last year before my Michigan trip I noticed how sloppy it was when jacked up. I have no idea if the previous owner ever replaced them but as said he rode it very easy.

Also thinking of new exhaust donuts....copper or factory ones?

I just put Oilite on mine and the quality of their material over the nylon/plastic ones I pulled out are far superior! They will last you way longer and provide way more support in those areas. The plastic ones I removed, were either worn to the point they were paper thin or came out in pieces. My bulkhead actually has a misshaped whole, oval now, due to the lack of support from them. I'm looking at even putting the bulkhead saver kit in just to prevent it from cracking.
I got the Yamaha donuts from the dealer by accident and had pre-paid for them, so I've put them in for this upcoming season... I'll be changing them out though come end of the season for the copper. The OEM donuts that I removed were crumbly and blown apart!

I would use the pioneer performance bushings. You can still get the kit from them direct and it's reasonable price. They are Nylatron and self lubing....Pioneer Motorsport in NY if your interested. I called them and bought mine last time.

I would use the pioneer performance bushings. You can still get the kit from them direct and it's reasonable price. They are Nylatron and self lubing....Pioneer Motorsport in NY if your interested. I called them and bought mine last time.

I have the Pioneer Nylatron for three years and they are holding up good.

Should be noted that it's a kit for the A arms and a separate kit for the spindles. Just an FYI.

Thanks for info, that's what I figured on nylon type bushings, they disintegrate over time and miles.

I think copper donuts are a must over stock ones. I hear the stockers only last depending how hard you ride which I definitely don't baby the throttle.

I will look around.

Thanks for info, that's what I figured on nylon type bushings, they disintegrate over time and miles.

I think copper donuts are a must over stock ones. I hear the stockers only last depending how hard you ride which I definitely don't baby the throttle.

I will look around.

I carry oilite busing kits and also make copper donuts if looking for a source.

factory OEM bushings and donuts for me.

Back