• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Front pivot arm (swing arm) broke

veemaks

Extreme
Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Sidewinder BTX LE -2017
Well.... This week of vacation started off good... NOT!

The front pivot arm (swing arm) broke straight off, probably when going over a lot of stutter bumps. I hear A LOT of other Phazer owners have had problems with their rear suspensions and most often the front pivot arm. I see this as a clear case to be warrantied. I haven't even abused it. I'll talk with the dealer Tuesday about it. If not warrantied I need to start looking to buy me a Lynx with a PPS rear suspension. They seem to be able to handle anything.

Attaching an image of the mess :-(

Attachments

• broken_arm.jpg
    broken_arm.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 72

Great! Hope that Yamaha in Sweden has the same policies as in Canada. Although it's a shame that Yamaha hasn't done their "homework" earlier with the Phazer. Too many people has had too many problems with the model...

Just hope nothing else has broken because of this.

well the way i looks at it , this part may have never broke when yamaha tested it , so they thought why fix what never broke , but when it went into mass production , and when people kept breaking the same part , they knew they needed to fix it .

My updated one also snapped several times this winter. Found it was easiest to just get it welded, but will definitely get it reinforced this summer.

My shaft probably cracked just about where the one you are showing did and then when it fully broke the arm broke straight off as well.

Got my welded yesterday, hopefully it will last for some days of smooth riding ;) until I get a new one.

this is a reinforced on that i think seth sent to me

Attachments

• phaze suspension.jpg
    phaze suspension.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 66
  • phaze suspension2.jpg
    phaze suspension2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 66
  • phaze suspension3.jpg
    phaze suspension3.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 70
fraolib said:
but he even broke this one i do believe. if i recall he only got about 700mi out of it

Yup that is my reinforced arm. It did finally break, however lets be honest the abuse I put on a race sled for one arm top last 700 miles is pretty good. The factory race sleds are breaking suspension parts at some of these races.

In munising a couple cat riders snapped there shocks in half.

well look long thouse shocks are and how thin the rod is. I dont think you will break thouse axis shock but you never know at the races.

Anyone know what has been updated to the pivot arm for the 2010 or 2011 model?

i got one put in mine and the only difference that u can see is the bracing on the bottom part of the arm goes up a little higher

Back