• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

front rad delete in rx1

larryo454

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
rx1
Hi did anyone ever deleted there front rad and put one out back? Was thinking of removing the front rad and adding a apex back rad with the foot coolers.

Most people add the apex rad to the rx's for better low snow cooling. If you mean the front heat exchanger in the tunnel, I do not know. A few have tried it but have not heard back from them on how it worked.

Ok thx
But ya that's what i was talking about removing the rad from the front of the track,and adding the apex in the back.
My front rad is bent and i want to run my 9tooth drivers with 1.5 track with studs.

X2 on both-- travis at Barn of Parts makes a great rear heat exchanger.. Installed one on my rx1 and seems to help a lot with cooling

I added an Apex radiator this summer and hopefully its enough to keep it from getting hot. It only overheated in certain situations last winter so I think it will be enough especially with the fan to.

Ok i'll remove the front tunnel rad and add the big apex xtx rad out back,along with the small rad and fan that is by the chain case.

I would recommend our rear 121" cooler which holds twice the capacity of the 06-10 rear apex cooler. The 11 and up apex coolers are larger than the 06-10 coolers but they will not be a direct fit onto an RX-1.

I too think that front cooler does a fair amount of the cooling so the larger the rear cooler the better your chances of staying cool with front cooler delete.

I have a though or another question about this topic. Is that front heat exchanger a structural support to the chassis ? It seems like the way they are riveted into the chassis it might add some rigidity. Maybe it doesn't, I'm not sure, I'm just wondering if this is something to worry about.

I have a though or another question about this topic. Is that front heat exchanger a structural support to the chassis ? It seems like the way they are riveted into the chassis it might add some rigidity. Maybe it doesn't, I'm not sure, I'm just wondering if this is something to worry about.

I would say defiantly yes. I don't think you could remove it unless something else structural was put back in. Disconnect it yes, but not remove it.

Back