• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Front Skid Shock

pedros83

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Nytro XTX
My front skid shock snapped in half today on my 2010 nytro xtx. So i need to replace it. Is it possible to install a shock with a resevoir for compression adjustment? And where would i find one if they do?

The only way I can think to do that is your going to have to get the length from eye to eye compresssed and extended and then get the width of shock mounts on both ends and get the diameter of bolt hole used.
Then go to Fox or Elka or someone like that and try and match it up.

Now if memory serves me correct didn’t the Apex XTX use a fox float for a few years?
I’m told the Apex XTX uses the same skid as Nytro .

there is a shock guy in MN selling shocks has a big inventory not sure if you wanted to look down here just thought to through it out there

Not a res shock, but Carver Performance (and others) offers a Fox Zero Pro center shock that he valves to your specs that fits the Nytro.

The 08 anniversary and a few others came with reservoir center shock, the canister is mounted on the rail. They were comp, and rebound adjustable, just need the mount to mount it to the rail. U can find them used here and there

Back