• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel Filters

RxThunder

Expert
Since I have never done them on my 03 RX1 I figured I should this year. What's the trick to getting to these things and changing them? I will be doing the exhaust donuts too so I will have the tank off. If I remember what I've read on here in the past they're a little tricky?

I used a coat hanger with a loop bent in the end to fish them out of the tank. Once you get them out a vicegrip with some padding on the jaws clamped to the fuel line works pretty good to keep them from falling back into the tank. You can pull fairly hard on the fuel lines without pulling them off the fittings in the tank they are pretty tight. You will also want to pull the plastic piece out of the filler neck on your gas tank.

Where exactly are they in the tank? If you fish them out with a coat hanger how do you reinstall the new ones? Will it be easier when I have the tank off?

they just dangle in the tank they are probably towards the front. once you re install the new filters simply drop em back down into the tank.it is probably just as easy to do with the tank on or off the sled. if you shine a flashlight in the tank you should be able to see em.

Starting to make more sense to me now, Are they just on the end of a hose or something in the bottom of the tank? and you fish the hose out and then remove the filters? I was picturing trying to fish the filter off of something down inside the tank..

They just hang on the end of the 2 fuel lines that dangle freely in the tank. Also if you still need donuts, Port Yamaha carries the copper ones as well as sled toyz.

Back