• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

fuel pump relay

cr250guy

I have a 06 apex rtx. Can anyone tell me which relay runs the fuel pump? Can i switch it with a different one just to check it? Or is there some way to test it? The fuel pump is not making any noise when i turn key and it won't start.Thanks

Second one from the right, sitting on the sled. Swap one of the others to see if its the relay.

Just turn the key and see witch one clicks. on my Attak it was the first one on the outside.

I had my fuel pump relay freeze alot this year and called the local dealer, they had the 2011 relays ordered so he sent me one for a polaris and I never had any problems after. He call last week and said the newer ones had the same problems so he is giveing other people polaris relays to.

thanks for the replys.I bought new relays and changed them. still no clicking.there is power at 10amp fuse. stumped. any suggestions? just want to ride.

relay

I had a similiar problem this week. Came back from a ride, got off the machine to get the ramp ready on the trailer and the snowmobile stalled. Went over to start it and heard a slight click but the engine would not turn over and got a check engine icon with no code. Let the sled sit for 5 minutes and it started. Loaded it on to the trailer and it started to get it off the trailer but soon stalled after. Same problem again just a slight click when i turned the key and it wouldn't turn over. Pulled it into the garage and the next day it still wouldn't start. Checked the voltage of the battery and it was only 12.1 volts. Hooked up the battery charger and as soon as i gave just 2 amps of charging power it started. So got a new battery and all is good now. Hope that helps. It was the factory battery on a 2006 apex gt maintained with a battery buddy.

Thanks dude. I put new batt in it in beginning of season and it's on the trickle charger now. Full charge. I get the er1 code but no one seems to know what it means. I have a service manual on order.

I had this problem and replaced the fuel pump relay with the update. The problem you are having is the same but the location for the relay is easy to mix up and might not be the third one in. You will also see that there is three black relays and one that is grey. The fuel pump relay is one of the black ones. You can figure out wich one it is by using a relay that you know works and just use process of elimination by changing out each relay with a known good one untill you hear the fuel pump charge the fuel rail when you turn on the key. Mine was not the third one in. Ounce you find out the fuel pump relay, you should put it in its proper location (third one in) and I would mark it with a paint pen or sharpie. Just my two cents. hope it helps.

Back