• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fuel Pump Relay

Voda2000

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer GT 136"
I warmed up my sled today, shut it off to fill it and then went inside for an hour. When I came back the fuel pump wasn't priming. After trying it a couple of time it eventually started.

I'm guessing the relay is failing. It's the original from 2007. My understanding is there is a update solid state relay.

Can someone confirm the part number for the new relay is 8GN-81950-00-00 and that it will fit my 2007.

I checked the parts diagrams and they have that part number in the 2014 Phazer, but a different part number in the previous years. I can not confirm that it will fit in your phazer since I have not had to change mine to the updated relay yet.

Hopefully someone can chime in that has done the change.

Can absolutely confirm the phazer relay.

image.jpg

Yes. I have been babying the Phazer. Heated garage since our trails at home are not open. It always was kept under cover outside years past. Not positive that had anything to do with it but my original fuelpump relay failed in morning at first Muni ride this year. Warmed in my hand it started working again. Finally put the red solid state in. Has worked great since. Highly recommend as a proactive measure. Put old one in toolbag in case one of the others fails.

Picked it up last night. Looks like the right one and the dealer knew exactly what I was talking about. He did warn not to replace any of the other relays with the red one, only the fuel pump.

Picked it up last night. Looks like the right one and the dealer knew exactly what I was talking about. He did warn not to replace any of the other relays with the red one, only the fuel pump.
They told me the same thing when I got mine. So it's the only one I replaced. I did notice "BountyHunters" build, he replaced all of them.

You have to be careful with solid state relays because they are always using some power. In the pump position the key totally stops this from happening but in the other positions it may not especially if something has the ECU in the circuit ECU may never go into Hibernate mode if it senses the voltage being used by the solid state relay even when the component the relay controls is off. For instance the fan circuit. Fan does run on occasion after you shut key off. It runs for a minute or so. When it shuts off after a minute that is the ECU shutting it off by going into hibernate mode. Saves your battery.

Back