• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro Exhaust

newfieNytro

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2013 Yamaha Nytro xtx 1.75
Hey Guys,

First of all I'd like to say thanks for all the great information on here, This is my first post and i know its about a topic thats been talked about alot but id really like to get some straight answers from some of you guys, because there is just so much information it's hard to go through it all. I sold my RX1 121",last year and picked up a new xtx 1.75, I love the sled. only thing is storage like most people, I would not consider myself a hardcore rider, but i would like to be able to take some equipment with me or some extra gas, the only under tunnel exhaust i can find is the skinz, is that really the only bolt on under tunnel available. I would like to make room for mountain addiction rack system for that way i can take either fuel or anything else if wanted. I am not looking for power maybe a better sound but not anything loud. Just want to know my options, I know some people are using magnaflow exhaust but i do not have a welder or pipe bender so i feel i would not be able to make this my self. Just looking for some help on what i should do with my Nytro, thanks everyone.

Your best bet for extra gas is definitely the Trail Tank, once you have that you wont need to worry about lugging extra gas around. For storage I have the deluxe yamaha saddle bags that sit on top of the seat at the rear. For this season I also ordered a skinz tail bag to try out. The thing I like about the tail bag is that it is always there to leave my essentials in.

Cheers,

Jason

There is a under tunnel exhaust on Kijiji in Alberta stock header and muffler. It is a custom made muffler and made very well. I find the under tunnel exhaust can add to the ice build up in some conditions. For what you would pay for a under tunnel system you can get a trail tank for. I have the stock tank on my MTX and a 2 gallon can on the back that fits in its own bag and is quick detach . I have yet to use it around hear so once ever 2 weeks I dump it in the tank and put some fresh premium in .

I know the back country that you can ride in NFLD and a trail tank plus a extra shot of gas would be handy. For a exhaust turn out , go to the local muffler shop and get them to bend a short piece of muffler pipe , leave it longer on one end. Leave the straight end long enough to clear the plastic about 1 - 2 " before it bends. Most shops will have a chunk like this already kicking around , get them to expand it to fit the tail pipe on the nytro and then you can cut the other end with a hacksaw once you see where you want the curve to end on the sled. Paint it with high heat ceramic paint or any high heat black paint from crappy tire. This is one I made up for a friend. Yamaha wants $50 I think for their turn out. I think this one cost $10 and I already had the paint.

20140228_165702_zps717ce62a.jpg

here is my storage setup! turn out tips work great, and even give it a LITTLE bit of sound (no it's not an alternative to an exhaust) lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,154
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 410
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 1,054
Thanks for all the reply's, i saw those turn outs before but i was unsure of how effective they are. So if i get a turn out and move my tail light will what ever i strap back there be ok from the heat?? I was also thinking about a trail tank, but it is alot of cash so i want to make sure that its a great product before spending that kind of money. Gas is the most important thing, because there are no gas stops for me from point A to B, I almost have to return to my house to gas up throughout the day, and there's nothing worse cause all my buddies have 2 strokes so when the 4 stroke is running out of gas I have to take the abuse lol

The latest version of the trail tank is good. Some of the early versions had some fitment issues or the way the hood attached. The latest one has all the bugs worked out and I don't think you will hear any complaints from anyone who has one besides the money. If you can run a Gas Thingy gas can which is about 2 gallons you will be near the same capacity as the trail tank. It is a cheaper option but will take up the rear tunnel space where you would like to store other stuff. There was also a Yamaha accessory that looked like saddle bags but they were bags for 1 gallon gas cans mounted on the side of the tunnel. Not sure if they are still available. This is the gas thing I carry on a MTX.
20140227_003651_zps0341620f.jpg

How about the install of the trail tank, is there much to it? Also nitris223 what's that strap like what you got around the gas can there with the handle. I seen those at my local dealer just wondering if there any good for pulling on the sled.

How about the install of the trail tank, is there much to it? Also nitris223 what's that strap like what you got around the gas can there with the handle. I seen those at my local dealer just wondering if there any good for pulling on the sled.
I put the latest version of the Trail Tank on. I thought the install was simple and it fit like a glove, your 2 stroke buds will be looking for gas before you!

That strap is a snow bungee for pulling out stuck sleds. Work slick, I never leave home with out it anymore. One of those is like 3 guys help pulling on a sled. They have a few different versions of it. There is a long one that you hook up to your sled and to the stuck sled. This one has a large D handle on it for your hands to fit, hook it on to a ski tip or spindle, stretch it as far as you can standing straight up and then when your buddy gives his sled a little bit of gas lean backwards pulling on the bungee. I think it triples your pulling power . What I like best about it is you can stand off to the side a bit and let your buddy drive out of the hole with the bungee attached. The old way of pulling on the ski with your hands , you were always in front of the sled and can't get out of the way fast enough so you loose momentum.

Buy one, your back will love you for it and your buddies will love you to. Charge them a user fee though if they are to cheap to buy their own.

I ran this all last season with a turn out and some heat tape on one of the mountain addiction jugs...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 454
Thanks Upei93, that was exactly what i was wondering would work back there, just wondering do you have your exhaust tip angled up any or just straight off from the sled. Also Nitris223 I picked up one of those snow Bungee's today I hope there as good as u say.

Cant find a pic to show you and my sled is in pieces now...replacing my mid pipe tonight. Just bought one of the yamaha turn outs (they are not cheap) and positioned it so the least amount of exhaust hit jug...then put a few pieces of stove pipe metal tape on the jug to be sure...

Back