• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro Fuel Range after break-in (500 Miles)

What's Your Range per Tank? (after break-in)

• 80+ Miles (128KM)

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • 90+ Miles (144KM)

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • 100+ Miles (160KM)

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • 110+Miles (177KM)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Same/better than my buddies in the same conditions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
116 miles is the best I have ever gotten and 90 miles is the worst. Both times were untill it ran out as I have the gas caddies. 116 was hard fast groomed trails on a cold day. 90 was off trail on a warm (above freezing) soft snow day. I have over 2000 miles on the sled...

Wasn't there some saying that the XTX has a more efficient suspension than the RTX. It would make sense as the track angles are quite different. That may be the cause for some of the differences, excluding the MTX guys of course. My 128" (if that makes a difference) has never ran out. Was sweating bullets heading back to the bridge in Houghton the gas station we planned on stoping at was snowfenced closed. I think were were over 90 miles when we rolled in the station. The last 10 miles was very smooth and easy. The F6 I ride with seems to need it at the same time I do, good thing he has a 12.5 gallon tank, he needs all of it. I debated getting the trail tank, but since his sled get 8 MPG and needs fuel at the same time there's really no point, at least not yet.

i have a trail tank but best ive got was 20 mpg. I was driving way nicer then normal, just to see what the best i could get was. I have 2800 miles on it and temp was warm, like 35+

Let's not forget that a US gallon is smaller than a Canadian (Imperial) gallon.
Any of these posters from Canada are probably calculating their mileage using Imperial gallons which will be 20% higher than someone in the US.

US gal = 3.8 litres
Imp gal = 4.546 litres

15 mpg calculated with an imperial gallon in Canada equals 12.5 mpg calculated using US gallons.

I do all my MPG stuff in US so that I can compare with a larger slice of consumers. At any rate, the poll is about range and that won't affected by anything other than flipper use, conditions and sled quirks. ;)!

when my light came on one time i made it 23 mi before i ran out....... 300 ft from the gas pump!!! AHHHHHH :o|

Last year I was getting 14mpg while riding with my wife and another couple. It was cold and the trails were flat. I was pretty happy. I dropped a tooth on the top gear this summer along with a new susp and track. Now getting 11mpg. I got 89.5 miles and ran out 1/2 block from station. ;):D It was warm, like above freezing.

As far as the guys saying that they did as well as the 600sdi that seems like a stretch. I have owned 3. A 04' 08' and now my wifes 07'. I put 4,000+ miles each on the first 2. They were both getting consistantly 18+mpg. I would bet my wife gets close to 20mpg. Now you add the larger tank and its a range close to 200 miles to a tank. So really guys?

I am bashing or bragging any sled. I obviously ride a Yami and love it. :4STroke: We all know the small fuel tank is a draw back. Just figure out how you want to deal with it. There are alot of options. My choice was a RotoPax it got me the 1/2 block to the station. ;)!

It was not too many years ago that nobody got more than 100 miles before they started looking for fuel.

Mileage

Noticed poor mileage this season.
Have always been comfortable getting 160 Kim's on a tank when trail riding aggressive and higher speeds etc.
Strange but this year it's down to 130 for a tank?
Got almost 19000km so wondering if this has anything to be concerned with?

two Nytros out today on groomed hardpack (minor off-trail excursions...a ditch here, a lake there) average speed was probably around 60 - 70 km/h but we were up over a hundred as well...2013 XTX ran out of gas at 177.1 km and the 2009 XTX fuel light had just come on...

Back