• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fx Nytro RTX or Std.

cmallow

Extreme
I know there's alot of talk about the two but I really need to know the pros and cons of both. I can get the Rtx for 400 dollars more.

I bought a 06 apex er and regreted cheaping out on the shocks the ride isn't what I'm looking for. I really don't want to make the same mistake twice. I ride mostly groomed trail but really want a more aggressive jumper and mogul masher. I weigh 230 and just looking for the best sled to suit my weight and riding.

I am looking for this information too. I want a sled that I can jump and not worry about bottoming the crap out of it. But I don't want it stiff as a rock either. I do realize that you kind of half to pick either one or the other but I think a good compromise of anti-bottoming and trail smoothness can be made somehow.

Go with the RTX and look at it this way....you can soften up the RTX so that it's soft enough for the average rider, but if you go with the STD, you may end up needing stiffer shock components not so far down the road to suit what you're looking for. My 2c

i weigh 215 and i bought the std fx i would have had to pay 1000 more for the rtx and i dont like floats, the fx std was way to soft in the rear and i had it revalved by hygear now its real good the front suited me fine from new i ride mostly groomers and do a couple jumps here and there, the other thing i did was put simons skiis on it and now im not afraid of it like the day i first rode it, the skiis and the suspension cost me what i would have paid for an rtx and i still would have had to set that up

If your an average rider in my opinion I would go with the FX. I own an RTX and for the trails its ok. The RTX was made to be beaten thats why they call it a ditchbagger and that is what it's suspension likes. If thats not what you like to do most of the time you will spend time and energy tring to tune the suspension to do something it wasn't designed too. Don't get me wrong you can revalve and things like everyone else but if your talking stock vs Stock an average rider would be happier on a plane FX.

daveronline said:
If your an average rider in my opinion I would go with the FX. I own an RTX and for the trails its ok. The RTX was made to be beaten thats why they call it a ditchbagger and that is what it's suspension likes. If thats not what you like to do most of the time you will spend time and energy tring to tune the suspension to do something it wasn't designed too. Don't get me wrong you can revalve and things like everyone else but if your talking stock vs Stock an average rider would be happier on a plane FX.

I completely agree. The ONLY reason I have a RTX is the dealer accidently quoted me a rtx for 500 less than a std, I was looking for a standard, and have always been a trail rider who just liked to putter. Since buying my RTX, I have pushed myself to new limits, and continue to do so. My friend is amazed, he said its the first time hes seen a sled improve a rider, and drasticly to boot. YMMV, But if you want to ride trails only, I'd go with a standard. The RTX WILL challange you, and is meant to be beat on.

I've found that the rtx is quite abit softer than when I first started riding it . The springs seem to take a set by 400 mls now after 1200mls sled really ism't bad to ride any where and it has so much adjustability . the fox shocks are way off unless you do alot of jumping or mostly all ditchbanging but there are a few things you can do to make them compatible. The cheapest I believe is a revalve, :Rockon: it made my sled much more enjoyable to ride with all the antibottoming properties of original valving

The RTX isn't the greatest in the studder bumps either! The worse the bettter for the RTX. To Quote "you need to drive it like you stole it" And then you and the Nytro will both be Happy!

I have both and I feel the rtx seems faster, maybe it's the clutch, just different. As far as the floats go there is no adjustments as far as compression or rebound just air pressure. the clicker shocks have rebound and compression and spring pressure. I feel the clickers are more adjustable. in the rear I fell the rtx is stiffer and harder to bottom but, I never bottom the fx (I am only 155 w/gear) heavier people like the rtx and the very aggressive rider, all else seem happier with the fx. (I might be trading my floats in for the clickers) tough choice Bill..............

I have almost 6000kms on my rtx i wiegh 225 and never bottom out my sled .. I feel nothing is worse than when you do something stupid and than BANG your suspension bottoms hard.. I havent had any problems with the sled other than the ball joints and handwarmers . It would be nice to have more adjustment on the front floats but what you get in the rear is worth it! I rode 1700kms in 5 days on groomed trails and found the suspension worked good But it is true you have to drive it like you stole it to get it around the corners ....Although i am eager to try the upper ball joint mod it sounds like the guys have had a lot of positive results .... Plus the rtx will be easier to sell later

Back