• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro RTX vs. 2013 f1100 Turbo trying to decide

relbus

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
13 Nytro RTX
21 ZR Blast
19 Ski Doo GT Sport
19 ZR 200 ES
97 Sx700
79 Enticer 250
I posted this on HCS, figured I ought to ask here as well.

I ordered a 2013 Nytro RTX black and charcoal. Lately I have been having second thoughts. Thinking of going to a 13 f1100 Turbo sno pro limited.
I think the AC is a GREAT looking sled. I love the all black. I however have zero experience with cats, and am a little worried about all the problems that they seem to have. Also have liked the Nytro looks since they debuted in 08.

I want something that I am not going to have to dump alot into mods right away to get it to perform or handle the way I want it to. I also want it to be reliable. The Cat supposedly needs a valve adjustment at 5000 miles, the Nytro I believe is 25k. The cat has the turbo motor, which is a huge plus. For $1500 the sled can be making 300hp. A nytro will take some serious cash to get close.

The Nytro rtx seems to be more of the ditch banger/SX type sled. The F1100 at least in my mind seems to be more of a MachZ / Hyper sled type. I loved the way my Rev rode, and that is the type of sled I want...but in a 4 stroke and won't consider ski doo again(too many problems) Which one rides more like Rev?

I come from a Yamaha family, always rode Yamahas until this last sled when I tried a Rev. I'd really like to be back on a Yamaha, just dont want any regrets. One concern is that the FX chassis is 5 years old, and I will be annoyed if I buy another sled only to have the MFG completely redesign it for the following model year.

Help me out...this is a tough decision. I have both available. Good price on both. Thoughts?

I thought you already made your decision on HCS...didn't you say you decided to wave the deposit and went with the Cat?

LOL. I spoke to my dealer. They'll refund my deposit, just urged me to reconsider. Thats what I'm doing.

If you don't want to have to spend a bunch of time and $ building/modding it, get the AC! The Nytro will require a bunch of both to get it up to the AC handling and power out of the crate. I have buddies with the AC turbos and they do rock. However, I wouldn't give up my nytro for one now that I have it almost where I want it. It's been an expensive journey, but enjoyed every mod. Personally, the only thing better than riding it - has been building it.

Lol...that is good of them. It's a tough call...both are nice sleds but the cat has boost and is easily modded. Ergos are nearly identical, not sure about fuel mileage on the Cat...it has better storage options than the Nytro. Both sleds have their issues. On the upside of the Nytro...all the write ups say it is leaps and bounds better then previous years...too bad your dealer would give you a killer deal on boosting it for ya. Good luck with your descision.

Two completely different sleds for sure. I think you have to decide what you're going to do with it. If you are a ditch banger, and like the AC, I wouldn't be looking at the 1100 I'd be looking at the F800 Sno Pro. I planned to trade my Nytro for a Doo two years ago and am riding it for another season. For the type of riding I do, it's perfect for me. No matter what, you're going to have to mod the RTX a bit to get it just right IMO. The AC sleds are what they are - they look great, the Twin spar suspension is amazing, and their motors generally are among the strongest pulling out there in each class. Deserved or not, AC (and Doo and Poo) have a reputation for not being very reliable / durable. Yamaha has a reputation for being very durable, but having suspension/skid packages that need to be tweaked and worked and upgraded to get them to perform at a comparable level to what Doo, Poo, and AC put out stock. I think there's some truth to those stereotypes.

If money was no object I'd have an XF1100 Turbo SP in my garage instead of my XTX. It's just a more powerful sled and from what I understand easier to mod as well. A $450 TD setup gets you 280 trailable ponies.

That being said I still love my XTX and it entices me to ride it every time I see it. It's my #1 choice in the "under $10 grand" market.

I guess my biggest fear with the AC is reliability. My last new sled had two engines pop and a sled fire. Had that not happened I prob wouldnt be so gun shy.

relbus said:
I guess my biggest fear with the AC is reliability. My last new sled had two engines pop and a sled fire. Had that not happened I prob wouldnt be so gun shy.

I would say good luck to you having less problem with cats. Especially the 1100 turbo. I have two friends who bought them brand new last year. They eat belts like its their job. They are crazy fast sleds right out of the box and sound amazing. Oh and i should probably mention that one had a electrical issue and was in the shop for two months last season and they other 1100 burnt to the ground. Neither was covered by arctic cat. I have been riding Yamaha with my family for over ten years now and i can honestly say we have never had a sled break down on the trail. Good luck and think snow!

relbus said:

I think you answered your own question with the above post.

If Quality, Durability & Reliability [ QDR ] are very high on your list then IMHO you had better not buy the Cat because for the most part they had none of that last year.

If they had a good year of QDR under their belt it might be a different story. The engineers say they have fixed all the issues, but, they are the same engineers who brought the Cat's with many issues last year to Market.

I would not trust them with my hard earned cash. Too many horror storeys, mostly on HCS which started as a Cat Site.

Listen to your dealer.

My Yamaha dealer was a Cat / Yamaha Dealer for a # of years and gave up Cat for awhile. I asked him why. His response was ; If I don't trust one to ride it myself and will not sell one to a friend, then why would I sell them to the public.

Just Sayin.

You won't have reliability problems with the cat motor.The motor is a strong motor.I would go with the cat. My buddy has one and Iv'e been around them both alot.There was quite a few members on here that gave up there nytros for the 12 turbo cats.

I bought Yamaha because I`d rather put my money(when i have extra) into mods in the off season, than have to spend the money to repair my sled during the season. :yam:

Good decision, I know there are plenty of guys here that mod their nytros, myself included, but there are also a lot that get it adjusted to their liking and just ride the hell out of it! Congrats on the new sled and have a great season!

Back