• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gas in oil running 12 pounds of boost

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
07 Yamaha apex
Hello checked oil in my sled yesterday and when I unscrewed dipstick oil ran out tank was right to top stunk like gas ,now I have bigger fuel pump ,bigger injectors stage 1mpi supercharger running 12 pounds of boost head shim ,what could possibly be wrong it idles like its overfueling ,have pcv which I think works pretty darn good has anyone had the fuel pressure regulator fail ?leaky injector maybe ?so I changed oil ,filter drained everything went for a 25 km ride burnt half a tank of fuel checked oil in it this morning and tank is almost right to top again and stinks like gas again anyone else ever have this

Hello checked oil in my sled yesterday and when I unscrewed dipstick oil ran out tank was right to top stunk like gas ,now I have bigger fuel pump ,bigger injectors stage 1mpi supercharger running 12 pounds of boost head shim ,what could possibly be wrong it idles like its overfueling ,have pcv which I think works pretty darn good has anyone had the fuel pressure regulator fail ?leaky injector maybe ?so I changed oil ,filter drained everything went for a 25 km ride burnt half a tank of fuel checked oil in it this morning and tank is almost right to top again and stinks like gas again anyone else ever have this
It's a 2006 apex

You are over fueling......what is your afr's at? I am running a supercharger as well......what are you running for pulley's? I am running 22 28 which to me looks like on gauge to be 13lbs but hard to tell and I'm not out of scope on the stock injectors. I also am running the pcv.

You are over fueling......what is your afr's at? I am running a supercharger as well......what are you running for pulley's? I am running 22 28 which to me looks like on gauge to be 13lbs but hard to tell and I'm not out of scope on the stock injectors. I also am running the pcv.
Hi I am running 26 bottom 22top which is 12 pounds of boost my afrs is at 5 at about 1/2 throttle and 13.9-14.9 at wide open would you be interested in sharing your pcv map

That is actually 10lbs of boost,if you take your boost readings from behind the throttle plates you will see.......you absolutely do not need those injectors. My map is no good to you with the injectors you have in. I also have a tps voltage clamp. Sounds like you're AFR sensor might be bad, giving you false readings. Mine did that to me as well. They don't last to long due to the rich condition that they are in. Well at least that's my theory.

O
That is actually 10lbs of boost,if you take your boost readings from behind the throttle plates you will see.......you absolutely do not need those injectors. My map is no good to you with the injectors you have in. I also have a tps voltage clamp. Sounds like you're AFR sensor might be bad, giving you false readings. Mine did that to me as well. They don't last to long due to the rich condition that they are in. Well at least that's my theory.
okay thanks for the info

Okay thanks for the info ,ya I am going to order a new afr sensor

I had the same thing going on with my turbo Apex 10lbs with stock injectors . The oil smelled like gas & when I ran it WFO there was a lot of oil blowin out the crank breather . I chased that gremlin for a year and finaly found that my TBIs where not sealing to the intake causing a very rich reading on the AFRs and wrecked the O2 sen . I reworked the TBI boots and added a bracket from the head to my plentum that was the end of the problem . Now there is no oil coming out the breather and I had to turn my boost way down to stay at 10lbs . I am using a Bosh O2 sen and you can buy them at about any auto parts store

Okay
I had the same thing going on with my turbo Apex 10lbs with stock injectors . The oil smelled like gas & when I ran it WFO there was a lot of oil blowin out the crank breather . I chased that gremlin for a year and finaly found that my TBIs where not sealing to the intake causing a very rich reading on the AFRs and wrecked the O2 sen . I reworked the TBI boots and added a bracket from the head to my plentum that was the end of the problem . Now there is no oil coming out the breather and I had to turn my boost way down to stay at 10lbs . I am using a Bosh O2 sen and you can buy them at about any auto parts store
thanks I will check that out , I looked at the boots on the weekend and they seemed nice and snug, where did you get your wide band sensor from

Okay

thanks I will check that out , I looked at the boots on the weekend and they seemed nice and snug, where did you get your wide band sensor from

My first one came with the auto tune and the replacement one I picked up from CarQuesr auto parts .
Just take you old one out and bring it with you I am sure some parts store in your local will have one

Back