• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Getting closer to 20,000 miles

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Apex SE
2012 Vector (wifes)
IMG_0430-768x576.jpg Turned 19,000 miles Last week on my 2011 apex.

img_0430-768x576-jpg.135763

Last edited:

Can you shed some light on waer items and things that needed addressing at what mileage?

Are you on the oem chaincase guts still?
Jackshaft brgs?
Clutches?

Thanks

View attachment 135831 Turned 19,000 miles Last week on my 2011 apex.

img_0430-768x576-jpg.135763
you won't see that many miles on a 2 stroke. the 2011 and up seems to be very rugged and dependable. My dad has a 2011 xtx and we have not done anything to it except normal seasonal maintenance. My 07 Attak has 10000 miles on it and I spend some time turning wrenches and replacing parts. Congrats and here to many more enjoyable miles on your apex.

Wow that's almost 35,000 miles. I just turned 10,000 miles on my 2013 Apex needed to replace the drive shaft bearing on the left side, got scared and put my spare belt on although the original is still within Yamaha spec. great machines.

Can you shed some light on waer items and things that needed addressing at what mileage?

Are you on the oem chaincase guts still?
Jackshaft brgs?
Clutches?

Thanks

Belts, carbides, oil, filter and slides when needed. I put a new Stator and battery in at 15,000. New track at 12,000 because of a tear (reused the studs though) and I put in new chain case bearings, chain and gears in then...they still looked ok but I had it all apart for the track so I did them anyway. I did the dounuts at 11,000mi and they where bad. I have all original clutch parts except the ramps on the secondary they went in at 17,000. I do clean and grease the bearings on the jack shafts and the drive shaft for the clutch side every year...and I replaced the drive shaft bearing at 17,ooo but the jackshaft bearing is still hanging in there. I also grease the idler wheel bearings every year and have replaced most of them over time when they wouldn't clean up.
Not perfect but all in all I don't think its too bad....and it has never left me on the trail.:4STroke:

Back