• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

going to replace a few relays

I have had the intermittent issue of no crank on really cold days last year. Going to change the starter relay and the fuel pump relay just to be safe. I have an 09 xtx here are the pn#s i came up with.

Fuel relay 8HG-81951-00-00

starter relay 3EL-81940-02-00

any other relays that you guys would buy?

Are you sure its a relay? I know they had problems on the 1st year on the Apex with the starter relay.

Bamboo said:
8GL-81940-00-00 is the starter relay for the 2011 off the parts finder.

Is their the updated part number??

According to that number is the 1st generation... unless that number superseded another.

fuel relay

i cant find that part # for the fuel relay anywhere in the parts finder, where did you get it from?? Under what heading?? thanks

After reading this, and several other searches for relay issues, I decided to check mine before the season starts.

Findings: Starter relay has corrosion on the connector and relay! Not comfortable with that, so I also ordered a new one and will keep this one as a spare.

Fuel pump relay looks good! But to be safe, ordered a new one as well, will use dielectric grease on both and have the spares handy, just in case!

Dave

relay

Cant find it anywhere?? I looked on 2 differant parts stores, and one was Yamaha-motors, and that # for the fuel relay is not on there.... or Im blind... is there maybe a new # that superseeded the old one??? Thanks

Re: relay

bitchnblue09 said:
Cant find it anywhere?? I looked on 2 differant parts stores, and one was Yamaha-motors, and that # for the fuel relay is not on there.... or Im blind... is there maybe a new # that superseeded the old one??? Thanks

Electric 1

Electric 2

Try one of those :Rockon:

These relays should be purged with nitrogen and then sealed back up with silicon to prevent the moisture assoiated with these relays from causing problems. They are built in Japan with high humidity encased with them and in a cold climate condensate and freeze.

Supa Dexta said:
Just being around a hot engine with 100's of cooling cycles will cause humidity issues as well.

True but only if there is humidity in the enclosed case, purging the unit with nitrogen will remove all of the air/humidity and replace it with nitrogen which has no humidity with it. No humidity = no freezing.

Will the 2011-12 starter solenoid #8GL-81940-00-00 work on 2008-10? The 2008-10 starter solenoid part is #3EL-81940-02-00. Should i just buy the original one for my 09 xtx (#3EL-81940-02-00) and dielectric grease it and be done or get the 11-12 and take my chances on it fitting?

Thanks

Andrew

PoliticalMachine said:
Will the 2011-12 starter solenoid #8GL-81940-00-00 work on 2008-10? The 2008-10 starter solenoid part is #3EL-81940-02-00. Should i just buy the original one for my 09 xtx (#3EL-81940-02-00) and dielectric grease it and be done or get the 11-12 and take my chances on it fitting?

Thanks

Andrew

X2

Back