• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Good fair race of 800 etec vs tuned apex guess the outcome

I asked (posted a question to him on youtube) the Apex guy (in the video) a little while back if his Apex is studded or not. It is 'not' studded he said/responded. He said he was planning on studding it in the future. Whether his Apex is studded or not in this most recent video/race...i guess we can only assume if it is or isnt. That being said...I still think this new E-Tec 800 should be one fast sled.

Thats exactly what I would expect. Now lets race an 800 etec against an apex when they both have 10,000 miles on the odo.... Oh crap,, can't do that, the ski-dozer will only last for a few thousand miles... bummer.....

If it is true about a box stock etec. the etec should be about 10-15 lenths faster in about 1/4 mile than the 800r. The 800r is not fast at all stock. A freind of mine bough Chris Bondi's 800r this winter and it is faster then my sled, about 2 mph on the gun in a 1/4 mile and bout 2-3 lenths. but you have to remember it has everything that can be done to the sled done to it. But they are claiming the etec is just about as fast as one of these sleds with all the Bondi stuff on it.
I'm going to find out tomorrow if the etec is what evertone is saying, Island lake shootout.

Why don't they race against a 2011 Apex, since the etec is a late release? That's the race I would like to see. I bet the outcome would not be the same....

The apex and the 800 e tec have about the same track hp, but the ski doo weighs 100 lbs less and transfers better. I would like to a race with the 800 e tec and the turbo cat stock to stock. I think the doo would win.

that is one poor running or poor hooking up apex!.....i would not believe one thing i see on youtube for gospel guys.

you guys all know me here.....i dont bullcrap,the apex will easily run with the 8etec.

3 days ago I demo'd a new 800etec.....as a matter of fact there were 3 of them there,so i raced three 800 etecs,all with 2500 approx kms on their ODOs.

not one of them could hang with me at all,i walked away from them very hard pulling away ontop end by approx 5-7mph.....i GPSd at 108 this day on hardpack snow lake... 800 etec was closer to 102.

my apex works well, and Im always 5-7mph faster then all other apexs i race....so im guessing a stock apex will be darn same as new 800 etec....

as for mine,i left all 3 of them behind without any probs....

another throw away vibrating 2stroke IMO

Dan

Raced 800 moded sled on eagle lake , beat it two races , rolling start, & stand still, they are fast out of the start but after 50mph its over ;)!

ROCKERDAN said:
that is one poor running or poor hooking up apex!.....i would not believe one thing i see on youtube for gospel guys.

you guys all know me here.....i dont bullcrap,the apex will easily run with the 8etec.

3 days ago I demo'd a new 800etec.....as a matter of fact there were 3 of them there,so i raced three 800 etecs,all with 2500 approx kms on their ODOs.

not one of them could hang with me at all,i walked away from them very hard pulling away ontop end by approx 5-7mph.....i GPSd at 108 this day on hardpack snow lake... 800 etec was closer to 102.

my apex works well, and Im always 5-7mph faster then all other apexs i race....so im guessing a stock apex will be darn same as new 800 etec....

as for mine,i left all 3 of them behind without any probs....

another throw away vibrating 2stroke IMO

Dan

As far as hooking up is concened.... DOO always has their transfer blocks set to max. Judging from that video that RTX was set to the mid or min. Set the trasfer on the Yamaha to full transfer like the DOO and I believe the results would have been different. I still believe the etec would take it, but not as bad... Like I said in a previous post, I would like to see it race the Yamaha's late release/proto/early 2011 Apex set at full transfer and I believe the results would be different...

What the Apex needs is a transfer rod with more transfer and easier to adjust. Bender should build one. I would buy it.

i race etec with my apex ltx all day the apex faster on top

adirondac blue said:
The apex and the 800 e tec have about the same track hp, but the ski doo weighs 100 lbs less and transfers better. I would like to a race with the 800 e tec and the turbo cat stock to stock. I think the doo would win.

Group I ride with has 4 800r's and 2 800 E-Tecs and 1 turbo Cat........Turbo Cat runs 119(GPS) on hard pack-122 1/2 mile ice strip the same day, STOCK !! Just as a comparison the 04 F7 in our group can hold hands with the 800's to 100 and then pull away on the top......That Doo chassis is anything but top end friendly.

800 ETec is faster than the 800R's by a few MPH in the middle and few more on top end. They seem to have worked out a part of their top end issue's. The 800r's hit a wall at 110.

But the way these things go through belts I would never own one. 600-800 miles TOPS on a belt. Also, these 800's go through pistons like crazy. 2 burned down this year, each for the 3rd time in 5000 miles and the other 2 have went down twice each..........The 800 E Tec went down last weekend with 600 miles and PTO bearing gone that took out the whole top end.

I have rode with Doo's now for 4 years and see nothing but blown belts and motors !!

The guy on that apex has a slow thumb & he's not set-up right for draggin--he needs to check out this site for info to get a little closer or beat that ski-doo doo! i don't think he knows what he's doing! ;):D GO YAMAHA #1 :flag: :4STroke:

i love all the internet racing and videos. I like all the mfg's to be honest and would ride any of them if yamaha didn't exist. But that DOO ain't gonna last past 1000 miles. sorry, just seen this too many times, too many problems. rather have the 2nd fastest sled and have it be available to ride every weekend then waiting for major backordered parts.

Not a good comparison

1. That race was over at the start. the distance he had at the finish was gained right out of the hole.

2. Would have like to see a from a roll race.

3. We know the e tec is about 155 hp and weights nothing. Who know what this guy has done to the apex??

4. This isn't a very good comparison of how the apex will run with the E tec.

Oh the spring time internet racing. Happens every year.....gotta love it.

Back