• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Great Dealer experience

s-moe

Extreme
S. Shore, MA *Ride from Oquossoc (Rangeley), Maine
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder STX-DX 146
So I purchased a used 2011 Apex with only 200 miles. I used it the past few weekends up in Rangeley Maine and reached the 500 mile oil change mark. Since my sled is stored in Rangeley and I live in Mass it was not practical to drag it home to change the oil myself as I do on my own trucks and heavy equipment. I dreaded bringing something to a dealer for a simple oil change and prepared for the worst.

I was pleasantly surprised when I picked it up last Friday morning. The folks at Rev It Up Yamaha in Rangeley had done an unbelievably thorough job checking over my sled and all for a fair price.

I cannot say enough good things about them, expecially because they were servicing a sled that they didn't sell. I am so used to disappointment in this day and age when dealing with parts and service departments with both my trucks and equipment. It is hard to find good dealers.

If you are ever in the Rangeley area and need service I would HIGHLY recommend them. He even noticed my clock was off by an hour and set it to the proper time. I will not hesitate to bring my sled there for check-ups and oil changes from now on. At least I have one less machine to worry about servicing. ;)!

Mike is top notch!! Owner and mechanic.. I was up there the week after New Years, it was -10 and my starter relay went. I called them and his wife relayed my problem to him. He got on the phone and new exactly what it was and said to bring it down and would replace it that night. He must have stayed late because it was done early morning the next day.

When I went to pick it up I asked if he had any used machines. (My GF had hit a tree with my old Formula Z the night before and totaled it.) They had a beautiful 04 RX1 that was in excellent condition for $3k. He had just serviced it and put in a battery. Needless to say I bought it and we were both happily riding the rest of the week thanks to them.

He is a true professional and expert on these machines and goes the extra mile for sure. For now on all my service will be done with REV IT UP!

So where exactly is the start relay and what happens when it doesn't work. Last week end I went to start my RX1 (I assume it has one also in a similar place) and when I turned the key I could hear a click below the air box down by the battery but the nothing else happened after that. Thought it was a dead battery but boosting made no difference. Kept trying the key several times and all of a sudden it worked and started right up. The day before I was doing lots of deep powder riding and there was lots of snow in the engine compartment. Could have been the moisture problem. I would just like to know for future issues.

Back