• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Grip and thumb warmer mod?

I rarely have issues with heat at the palm of my hand, however the back of my hands and fingertips getting freezing cold happens all too often when the wind kicks up. I have the skinz hand protectors and i feel like they help a bit, but there are times when i need to constantly be rotating them to block the wind wraping from underneath. Unfortunately skinz closing up shop means i will never get to try out thier grizzly gauntlet, which is probably the answer to my cold hands.

IMO "comfortable" hand/finger temp varies greatly from rider to rider. What is comfortable for one, might be too cold or too warm for someone else. It's like room temperature. For those of us more "mature" riders who have frostbit our hands a few times (back in old days, handlebar heaters weren't as common nor did they work as well as today, and glove technology was not as developed as it is now) my hands are more sensitive now and get cold easier for sure. That changes the whole equation for sure.
That sums up my situation to a tee.It even affects my feet these days as I have an extremely difficult time keeping my feet warm for the whole day at times.

The klim muffs are a godsend to me. I run grips and thumb on low or off no matter how cold. I can't just leave them on. Also my badass super insulated fxr gloves are colder due to keeping the grip heat away from my hands. Wearing my worn out cat gloves from 1992.

i had yamaheaters and thumb boost on my apex and it needed it, my winder is great no problems nice n warm, i seen sumplace think sled tv or sumthin gye sprayed insulation inside handlebar to aid in keepin em warm , i thought was a decent idea to help the bar hold the heat

Back