• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Guess that sound?

jpilk99

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha Apex GT
After finally getting a functioning primary clutch, (thanks Travis at Barn of Parts), and StevewithOCD coming to help me understand everything, I've been pretty psyched to at least buzz around my property, like a regular 06 Apex GT person! Noticed a squeaky whine today that I'm pretty sure is coming from the primary, wondering if someone has any ideas what's causing the whine. I'm thinking outer bearing?

Thanks in advance,

Jay

Well slap my Asa and call me Judy. Ain’t hardly no slack at all out there!!! Used to be I couldn’t make secondary tighten up and make belt sit high. Now she’s a little too good!!! (Thanks SteveO). I’ll adjust secondary tomorrow.

Thank you!!!!

Sorry been away ridin'
Yep, and you have an adjuster for that. Turn that "knob" in maybe half a turn at a time until it stops squealing at idle.
Also we must remember you have aftermarket secondary parts that may not work with your stock primary stuff.

Sorry been away ridin'
Yep, and you have an adjuster for that. Turn that "knob" in maybe half a turn at a time until it stops squealing at idle.
Also we must remember you have aftermarket secondary parts that may not work with your stock primary stuff.
Thx Steve. When you say that the secondary may not work with primary, do you mean that the secondary may not …act/operate in concert with the primary? That it won’t open and close at the exact rate as the primary does?

In one of the videos I recently inserted - after installing the primary from Travis - it showed both clutches …doin their thing, together .

I believe he is referring to optimal performance and not basic functionality/operation of the primary and secondary clutches. For example, the Ulmer Racing clutch kit that I installed on my Apex, came with a different primary spring, clutch weights, secondary spring and helix. Now, if for example, someone was to just install the secondary items and left the primary items intact, the two clutches may not "act/operate in concert".

Back