• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

gytr fx nytro silencer

It's a skinz silencer..with yammis name on it...I think it's the ultra Q model...the quieter one anyway...go to youtbube for a sound clip..nice sound if ya ask me.

According to the Yamaha accessory book, it appears that it is built by Skinz. Its even called Ultra Q Silencer. I bet it is the same as theirs with GYTR stamped in the metal.

Yep he is correct, Ultra Q just being sold through the Yammi catalog. I ordered one myself....they are back ordered though. Kevin

My buddy has one of those Ultra Q's and he would have to use a power command unit on his nytro. So instead of investing more now the pipe sits in his garage and collects dust. I wouldn't buy one. And maybe he just has the bad luck of the draw.

He does not need PCIII for just that exhaust. It will run fine without it. No worries..

Then how do you take care of the popping and loss of power. When you get on it it will cut out. When the stock pipe is on it runs like a champ. He's ready to sell the pipe cause he was told by the dealer he needed a power command unit. So any suggestions or comments are welcomed or he is just going to try and sell it. Thanks

The pop is always there. Even with stock exhaust.
It's part of the decel bypass system Yam. came up with to help coasting like a 2-stroke.
Ulmer and others have been working on a fix for some time now.
It seems possibly...? Hurricane Performance with the RB3 was able to minimize (tune out) the decel popping.
You need to ask the tuners on this site if it is working out?

Its more than popping though. It actually cuts out where the sled seems like its going to cut out and die. And actually I believe it has died on him a couple of time. Its a big loss of power. He ran it for 500 miles and the more he ran it the worse it got. By the way this is on an 08 nytro rtx anniversary edition. I'm not sure if that would make a differerence, but thank you for the input. I know if we could make it work he'd keep it but he has a sour taste so far. Thanks again

I have the Ultra Q on my 09 XTX and have never had a problem with mine Every once in awhile you do notice the very small pop but its only happens whenever I get off the gas and get on it hard again. Its because of the reduced engine braking.

Back