• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has anyone tried the new yamaha duel runner skis?

venture2

Extreme
Have an 06 Vector and read in a magazine that the new Yamaha skis will fit older machines as well. Just wondering if they are much of a improvement; do they improve turning performance or just reduce darting? I use deuce bars for the darting and they seem to work okay, but if I can improve the overall performance I'll probably give the new skis a try.

Thanks!

I am also interested in some real world reviews....I use deuce bars as well to stop the darting as I am sure most do and they are a huge improvement over the stock single. but I am interested in what guys are saying about the improvement if any with the new dual ski VS the dual runner.
l

Tuner Skis

I have tried them and was not impressed. As far as I am concerned snow trackers are the only way to go.

I put some on my '09 vector, no more darting and the seem to grab just as well as the pilots I have on my RX-1, I put 6 in. carbide on the inside and 4 in. on the outside, well satisfied, they bolt right on. I ride semi- aggresively. should come standard on all IMO

skis

Have the new skis on my 2013 Vector.4 inch on the inside and 0 on the outside.Seem to work good but next set of runners will have more carbide.Have Stuboy Sharper bars 4.5 for the inside and will put the 4 on the outside.Can handle more carbide with the power steering.Sled goes straight and corners well.

Thanks for the info!

Nice to get input from riders who actually have used the the new skis. Sounds like they do help, depending on what your looking for. I'm looking for improvement in the turns and it sounds like they will help me.

Thanks!
Venture2

I have about 150 miles on mine in conditions that were not ideal. My impression is that they are good. They have good grip in the corners. But I still had some darting. I think I need to reduce ski pressure to solve it, and probably need less anyway with their better grip.

I have them on the 10 vector, I love them so far but haven't truly given them the trail test as I have largely ridden lakes. I should know in a couple of weeks as the trails north if the cabin are listed as Good on the MN DNR site.

700 miles on mine, 4 in mid 2 on outside. Installed on my 2010 apex ltx gt. Skis work well in almost all conditions. I used to run doolys with stock skis :sled1: and yes I didn't have darting but had lots of push in corners. Now I have been able to put ski pressure back on the front and the sled handles so much better! I run a lot of pics in the rear so I might try 4 and 4 but for now it is the best its been in the 3 seasons I have run my sled. I have ridden tight well set up trails and saw min darting at slow speeds and steering was not to hard on the arms. High speed set up trails the skis shined and railed around the big corners with ease. Soft trails worked well and had much more bite than stockers with doolys. Powder riding was much more predictable and had improved flotation and steering. Bottom line is as I said my long track now is finally a fun and predicable sled to ride!

bullet

i have been throwing around the idea of the tuners, warren the sled guy in orrington suggest pilots for me, but im not sure i hate to put any cash into skis to find out they are no better. remember i dont run any picks

I have them on my 13 rs venture.Put 200 miles on them an found that the were wearing down on the rear of the carbides and host bar, real bad. Wore them down almost off at the rear bolt. I shimmed the front 3/8", much better. Just put on 1100 miles , still wore a little in rear. I have Woodies 4" on inside an Yamaha on out side 4" with 115 picks in track, the skis push a little in powder, but corner real good in corners. Like them a lot.

Bluebullet said:
700 miles on mine, 4 in mid 2 on outside. Installed on my 2010 apex ltx gt. Skis work well in almost all conditions. I used to run doolys with stock skis :sled1: and yes I didn't have darting but had lots of push in corners. Now I have been able to put ski pressure back on the front and the sled handles so much better! I run a lot of pics in the rear so I might try 4 and 4 but for now it is the best its been in the 3 seasons I have run my sled. I have ridden tight well set up trails and saw min darting at slow speeds and steering was not to hard on the arms. High speed set up trails the skis shined and railed around the big corners with ease. Soft trails worked well and had much more bite than stockers with doolys. Powder riding was much more predictable and had improved flotation and steering. Bottom line is as I said my long track now is finally a fun and predicable sled to ride!

Well said. My experience is the same. 375 miles this weekend and I really feel that the sled is more dialed in than ever before. Far less push in the corners, and better, more predictable handling. I don't have studs, btw.

Back