• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has anyone used these hot wires?

I have one on my quad which uses a pencil coil like our sleds.Did coil swap at dyno nothing gained nothing lost but I havent ever fouled a plug.Also makes tach readings on dyno or with something like a tinytach easier since you have a plugwire.Main reason I did it was pencil coil was prone to failure from heat of the motor.The Nology setup gets coil out of the heat.So far 3years no issues.

the capacitor work because its not a constant flow, its always charging and discharging.

I tried an add on hot ignition on my 98 Jeep when it was new. noticed absolutly nothing.

I took it off and put it on my 68 Corvair, and it realy picked it up noticably. before that I ran it on a 71 jeep and it picked up on a coil signal that wasn't even strong enough to jump from the rotor to the cap. so it made a nonrunning vehicle run.

so if you have a weak ignition, it will do good, but nothing modern comes with a week ignition out of the box.

another thing to consider about the capacitor hop ups it that it shortens the spark duration.

Back