• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heat exchanger installed

crossroadz

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2011 Apex XTX
I installed the auxiliary heat exchanger on my XTX. Fairly straightforward install - just had to remove the seat, tank, and lower the track. I was getting the engine overheat light last year. It may have been from ice build up under the tunnel but I thought the auxiliary heat exchanger would help.

Attachments

• DSC_0500.JPG
    DSC_0500.JPG
    155 KB · Views: 1,968
  • DSC_0499.JPG
    DSC_0499.JPG
    202.9 KB · Views: 730
  • DSC_0498.JPG
    DSC_0498.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 836

i put one in my 08 didnt lower the track just used a pry bar to hold it tite against the tunnel while i riveted it, worked very good never got the over heat light again, i put 5000miles on that set up

I had the same issue with my overheating light coming on last winter....put the heat exchanger in and never had an issue since....they should come from factory with one...just watch the hose clamps, they work themselves loose.

crossroadz said:
I installed the auxiliary heat exchanger on my XTX. Fairly straightforward install - just had to remove the seat, tank, and lower the track. I was getting the engine overheat light last year. It may have been from ice build up under the tunnel but I thought the auxiliary heat exchanger would help.

What did it cost? I've been thinking about doing the same thing. The only time that mine gets warm is in the Pow.

Forgive my ignorance but is that the MTX cooler? Looks like that will do the trick. I am looking at adding some extra cooling on my newly aquired 09 XTX.

00-NUKE said:
crossroadz said:

What did it cost? I've been thinking about doing the same thing. The only time that mine gets warm is in the Pow.
mountaintech has a nice one that is twice the size of the stock one. good price too

That should help a lot. Van amberg has one for the shorty and XTX also. Helps big time with the famous Nytro rear build up by the snow flap. with this you get piping on the one side, and the rear covered.

Attachments

• 247264_370418663038640_441563973_n.jpg
    247264_370418663038640_441563973_n.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 944
  • 47937_370418849705288_1423322184_n.jpg
    47937_370418849705288_1423322184_n.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 621
radianguy said:
dubweiser said:
my 2013 xtx has the exchanger in it from factory...still over heats in low snow conditions on occasion
Swap out your coolant for a 50/50 mix

I put the auxiliary cooler in last season with 50/50 mix and still had the light come on...kinda has me baffeled

dubweiser said:
my 2013 xtx has the exchanger in it from factory...still over heats in low snow conditions on occasion
I had the same issue last year when the trails were frozen up. I would break off trail into the loose stuff to cool down. It never took long for the light to go out when I did this. This year I have picked up a pair of scratchers to help out when the trails get tough.

Its the auxiliary cooler from the mountain sleds and cost $280 from my dealer although I think it lists for $420. This season I'm gonna check for ice buildup under the tunnel.

R00STER said:
dubweiser said:
I had the same issue last year when the trails were frozen up. I would break off trail into the loose stuff to cool down. It never took long for the light to go out when I did this. This year I have picked up a pair of scratchers to help out when the trails get tough.

The scratchers will do the trick.

[/quote] mountaintech has a nice one that is twice the size of the stock one. good price too[/quote]

Here's what I offer. You can add another cooler off the back if you want.

Attachments

• 000_0001.JPG
    000_0001.JPG
    308.1 KB · Views: 702
  • 000_0002.JPG
    000_0002.JPG
    259.1 KB · Views: 816
Mountaintech. Will these work on a 121 an fit fine? Also to he guys with cooling issues. Are u running studs?

Back