• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heated Seat

4StrokeAddict

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 SR Viper LTX SE
My seat cover was damaged out of the crate last year. When my dealer replaced it, I had them put the heated seat under the cover, but intended to complete the wiring myself. Do any of you know where the switch connects to the sled? I'm assuming there is a fuse for it... Is there a connector off the wire harness?

Thanks for the help!

Never been answered. Would like to know myself. I think the ones that came with it from factory had a different wiring harness at rear. Would be nice to know.

Dont know for sure on the heated seat wiring but i would assume if your looking for a quick easy accessible fused power source, the power connector that is tied up in the harness by your reverse actuator might work. It is only powered with the sled on.
Not sure what it's amp rating is but someone here will probably chime in with that info

i am watching this i will be putting one on myn soon and would like to know where it will be wired to.

I am certain there is a separate harness that includes the switch that goes on the tank shroud to control it. know I have a seat with the heater in my shop but not sure where that harness plugs into on the sled.

And that is the question that has never been answered Yamadog. Where does that harness go? Many of us would like to hook up seat without using the accessory plug. So just like factory.

I'm picking up my seat tomorrow and will ask the dealer the same question. Was hoping to get a fast answer to order connectors if necessary. I did order one of these switches for the heater...
41p1oZtuRyL.jpg

I jnstalled the heated seat on my 14 and used the connector at the reverse actuator...........no problems in 7000 k. I always thought heated seats were for sucks but wouldn't be without it now,at -40f it is fantastic.

When you installed the kit, did it come with that connector? I believe that is where I will tap in since it is so easy. I don't need it for a shield since I'm running a modular, so that is probably the easiest tap...

If I remember correctly the lit my have had a connector on it that fits there. If not just go to a trailer place and get a flat 2 pin connector I have used those on there and they seem to work well.

I'm not worried about finding that connector. My corner store and west marine will have them. I just didn't know if that circuit would be big enough...

The one I have is from WOT - James on here we should PM him he has totally rewired his sled so he knows every inch of it. I will find out

1 WOT Sled.jpg

Here's some pics of the stock heated seat wiring from my 2015 R-TX-DX. It looks like the seat connection comes right off the main bundle of wires under the seat. The first picture Im pointing to the harness connector. IN the second you can see 3 wires coming off the switch (see shot from underneath panel) and they hook up to the harness in that area. Third is the switch from the top. Fourth is the seat connected to the harness. Hope the pics help. Stock seat heater may be different than add on wiring for the optional seat heater. BTW, I love the seat heater when it gets bitter cold. I have only had it on for maybe 20 minutes at a time a few times and it will really warms you up. Low is more than adequate for me in near zero temps.
20151015_165848.jpg
20151015_165908.jpg
20151015_165940.jpg
20151015_170627.jpg

Last edited:

Back