• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heatexchangers leaking on both sides

I tried the durafix rods.
I do a lot welding, (not any aluminum) silver soldering and copper pipe soldering at work. I thought this stuff would be easy.
Watching the videos and stuff posted on youtube made it seem very simple to use.
Unfortunately i found it very difficult to work with. I just could not find the right heat to melt and blend the rod to the exchanger. Either i was too hot and melting a hole in the heat exchanger or i was too cold and the durafix would melt but not bond to the exchanger because the exchanger was not hot enough.
I eventually melted a big hole in my exchanger and gave up.
I ended up using the durafix rods to tie up my chainlink fence to the posts.
Im sure it works, i could see the potential, but i would suggest you get a few scraps of alum and practice practice practice before giving this a try. Its just not as simple as online videos make it look.

Anyone else besides Muffinworks make a tunnel stiffener for the Attak?

Sma-8hg58-sl-00 silver factory yamaha tunnel support. Fits all years apex even though it says 11-14
Sma-8hg58-mt-00 Matte black same as above
Sma-8hg58-bl-00 Blue. Same as above

I would think if they fit an apex they would fit an attack.

Back