• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heavy Duty Belly Pan/ Drain Plug Access Panel

hibshman25

Vendor
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder ltx dx
2018 snoscoot
Lots of guys install skid plates due to that flimsy plastic access panel used from factory. We've designed an 1/8" aluminum access panel as a direct replacement for the plastic panel used from factory. In 2010 Yamaha revised the belly pan and did away with the plastic cover. Our plate is a solution for the 03-09 sleds that have the plastic panel. Plates will retail for $30.

panel.jpg

Our panel will better protect the engine oil pan and also help prevent front heat exchangers from being bent as shown in photo below. The plastic panels do not have enough rigidity to keep a struck object as just a glancing impact. The plastic panel bends upward and then the object struck catches on the ledge and proceeds to bend the front heat exchanger. We've seen this on quite a few sleds which is what lead to the creation of this product.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Travis, I think this a Great idea. I really like how you are always coming up with things to make our sleds even better!!

Travis, I think this a Great idea. I really like how you are always coming up with things to make our sleds even better!!

Glad to hear you appreciate my efforts. My products certainly don't create the horsepower, speed and power hype/talk that most aftermarket products do. They may not make you faster but they do help ensure you always finish the ride! ;)!

Last edited:
how do I order one for my '08 Nytro? How much is shipping to 54739? Do you still use the plastic push pins to mount this or did you come up with a heavier duty fastener?

how do I order one for my '08 Nytro? How much is shipping to 54739? Do you still use the plastic push pins to mount this or did you come up with a heavier duty fastener?

Sorry, but this plate will not fit the FX Nytro. A replacement for the FX Nytro is on the R&D list, but we have not gotten to it yet.

Today we made drawings for the FX Nytro access panel. These plates will come with threaded clips, and bolts to mount it rather than the plastic push pins. Will post up some pics once we get the sample burned out for trial fit up.

Great improvement...... nice thinking. I will be ordering soon.

once it is done I will be ordering as well.

I made 2 of these (one for each of my sleds) last year.
I used 3/16" plate, added the tangs like the factory unit ( I just milled a 1/8" slot and welded some 1/8 angle in the slots to mimic the factory tangs) and I milled clearance for the threaded clips on the chassis, so that the plate sits flat on the chassis.
I'm going to recess the screw heads as well so they cant snag on anything, should I happen to actually hit something

Snowmobile belly pan.jpg
Snowmobile belly pan on sled.jpg

Did a trial fit up today for the nytro skid plate. Going to bend a return on the front and extend it in back so it extends beyond the front heat exchanger.

The lower side panels will need to be trimmed. The plate can be held in place and then traced with a marker so it easily identifies where to trim the plastics. By trimming the panels it allows for the skid plate to be removed easily with out having to removed the lower side panels.

As mentioned in a previous post, clips and bolts will be provided to bolt the plate. No more plastic push pins. Bolts shown are for test fit only. We will be using a more rounded profile bolt head so less likely to catch on obstacles.

At this point we are targeting a sell price of around $65

image.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good now the big questions, how much and when can I get one?
Is there any way you could use a bead roller and put some stiffening ribs in it that are parallel to the length of the sled?

Targeting a sell price of $65 for the nytro plates. Will look into bead rolling. Currently using 1/8" Aluminum. Other's on market are 3/16 so may bump up plate thickness. Keep in mind every process adds cost. Was hoping to not have to put a return on front to keep costs down but after fitting it up it has to be there.

let me know when you have the retail version ready to sell.

Back