• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Heel clicker 2-speed clutch weights

Janne339

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
2021 Sidewinder LTX GT
Someone running Heel clicker 2-speed weights or have experience of how they works with turbo Viper?

Not sure if their recommend for 4s as the power pulses tend to tear them up. The drag n flys work well.

Not sure if their recommend for 4s as the power pulses tend to tear them up. The drag n flys work well.

Turk ran them in all hid 4 stroke stuff and loved them, unfortunately he passed away before the Viper came. I'm sure he would have had them working well in this sled.

OP, try searching Turks clutching post regarding turbo stuff...you might be able to get an idea for a starting point.

I have seen some race set-up on Viper turbos with them and become a little curious to try. :)

I've had them fail in 700. 2s twin when I talked to rick at hay days he told me not to run them and that the drag n flys were a better option.

I've had them fail in 700. 2s twin when I talked to rick at hay days he told me not to run them and that the drag n flys were a better option.

Ok, Did he explain why?

The rather large power pulses tend to wear out the rivit holding the heel on. Might be ok for short time but they do come apart. I had early and late versions fail and make a nice hole when they do.

I was curious about the 2 speed weights also.. but if the rivet is the weak link, DNF might be the better route.

Anybody use the DNF vs supertip trail cam arms on their turbo Vipers?

I run the Flies on my turbo Viper. I just made some fine tuning adjustments this weekend. The problem with the Flies in the 3 cylinder four strokes is that they flatten rather quickly. The 3 cylinder will flatten stock weights in @5500 miles, Flies @3000 miles and my turbo set up starts to flatten them in about 1500 miles. I just installed a new set. They are sand cast and are not as hard as they could be. The problem is they work so well that when I try another style of weight I am very disappointed. I am trying to get a machine shop to cut me a set out of tool steel.

I have played with may different weight profiles on my MCX270 Nytro and keep on going back to 50/20 2 speed weights. They offer best belt squeeze in low range, reduce belt dust and temperature of clutches.

I have played with may different weight profiles on my MCX270 Nytro and keep on going back to 50/20 2 speed weights. They offer best belt squeeze in low range, reduce belt dust and temperature of clutches.
What are rig running for springs, helix ect.

What are rig running for springs, helix ect.
I have found the Cat green Sno Pro spring to works the best. Yamaha white is a bit too soft for my liking. I want to try HH orange this winter.

Do you remember what your running for a helix. I’ve been running 47-43 range. But I have read a 56-46 May be more suitable. I haven’t tried these weights in anything before. Just collecting tuning hardware. No snow here yet lol

I think you will find straight stock 43degree helix to work best for you. 47/43 may work fine too just take some weight out of the heel if rpm are too low. 56/46 is alot of helix with these weights.

Back