• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Helix big venom

It was designed to run the stock helix, and does work well with it, but I and others have had success with a 46/40 dual angle helix. Depends what you are trying to accomplish.

Just want a lil more mid and top end. I think with a different helix it will give me that

I've wondered this also, I have my heel screws as heavy as they will go and I still hit the limiter at launch If I stab the throttle from launch. I'm thinking of a 46/40 to try and help it shift faster down low. Or getting a Backcountry track and hope it hooks better than the Cobra.

As SnoNinja mentioned, the kit was designed to use the stock helix.

The stock helix angle spins the track quick, losing traction and the rev limiter hits once. This is mostly on the shorter tracks.

Lots of things that Viper owners can do to eliminate the rev limiter on take off:

Get the ECU flashed for higher hpr and higher rev limiter.

Put on a Power Commander 5 with ignition module to raise the rev limiter.

A 46/40 helix works good and will help, if not eliminate the rev limiter hitting on take off.

Another tip is going to a better grabbing belt like the Gates belt or Dayco. This also eliminates the hitting rev limiter that 1 time on take off.

***The rev limiter is there to protect the engine and with the rev limiter right at the peak of the horsepower curve, the Big Venom clutch kit is designed to run just under that rev limiter to use that torque. This is how Thunder Products can get good mph out of a 600cc class sled. Arctic Cat placed that rev limiter way too low (in my opinion) when they created the ECU for the Viper. The 2014 Viper had a rev limiter at 9,150 and then with the 2015 Yamaha/Arctic Cat flash update, they raised the rev limiter to 9,200-9,250 because stock sleds were hitting the rev limiter. Yamaha race sleds like the hillclimb sleds (which use the Nytro ECU) and I-500 sleds (along with a lot of racers Thunder Products races against), their sleds have the rev limiter raised to 10,000 rpm. Hitting the rev limiter at 9,200 is not going to hurt your engine, but it can be a nuisance. Hitting the rev limiter 1 time lets me know that the clutching is working and you are right at the peak of your torque and hpr.***

Here are 2 turbo sleds, @murdered141 & @boostednytro members here on the forum. You can hear the rev limiter on the black Viper hit once each time Murdered stabs the throttle.

Would a 46/40 helix gain any top end?

Yes

There are also conditions and spring tension that play a factor also. But in good conditions, you will see a top end gain with the 40 finish angle, vrs. the stock 43 angle. The 46 starting angle is what will make your secondary shift faster and will holeshot you more than the 43 stock straight.

I sent you a private message

Yes

There are also conditions and spring tension that play a factor also. But in good conditions, you will see a top end gain with the 40 finish angle, vrs. the stock 43 angle. The 46 starting angle is what will make your secondary shift faster and will holeshot you more than the 43 stock straight.

Back