• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Helmet speakers

moab11 said:
with these speakers, is there a disconnect at the neck level for the audio cable? (speakers and volume control can stay attached to the helmet for instance, and extension cable stays with the player in jacket) if so, these should be exactly what I am looking for.

Yes, the extension cable & helmet mounted volume control comes with it. Even the mounting velcro comes with them!
You are exactly correct about the use!
You want to run the extension cable through your jacket, leave hanging out about 6".
Same for your helmet, leave about 8" hanging down from your helmet, NEVER leave the wire hanging from your volume control.
If you leave the wire hanging from the volume control on your helmet, it concentrates all the forces and movement in one spot,
right where the wire enters the volume control and will cause incredibly fast failure.

Done properly, you simply put your helmet on & plug your player in, THAT's IT!

PS Just making sure everyone knows, the FREE speakers are speakers that failed easily, I am sending them for only the cost of shipping, so you can try them out.
Our regular speakers are tough & are only $25. (+shipping)

This gives you a chance to try a set of In-Helmet Speakers out at little to no cost for TYers!
The free speakers do not have a warranty, we both KNOW they will fail.

Rockmeister said:
moab11 said:
with these speakers, is there a disconnect at the neck level for the audio cable? (speakers and volume control can stay attached to the helmet for instance, and extension cable stays with the player in jacket) if so, these should be exactly what I am looking for.

Yes, the extension cable & helmet mounted volume control comes with it. Even the mounting velcro comes with them!
You are exactly correct about the use!
You want to run the extension cable through your jacket, leave hanging out about 6".
Same for your helmet, leave about 8" hanging down from your helmet, NEVER leave the wire hanging from your volume control.
If you leave the wire hanging from the volume control on your helmet, it concentrates all the forces and movement in one spot,
right where the wire enters the volume control and will cause incredibly fast failure.

Done properly, you simply put your helmet on & plug your player in, THAT's IT!

PS Just making sure everyone knows, the FREE speakers are speakers that failed easily, I am sending them for only the cost of shipping, so you can try them out.
Our regular speakers are tough & are only $25. (+shipping)

This gives you a chance to try a set of In-Helmet Speakers out at little to no cost for TYers!
The free speakers do not have a warranty, we both KNOW they will fail.

Thank you! Order Sent!

Back