• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HELP! I've exploded another OEM rear track shock on my XTX

Yellowknife

TY 4 Stroke Master
Website
www.youtube.com
I've exploded another OEM rear track shock on my XTX p/n 8HL-47480-01-00

Price through dealer taxes in with 10% off Canadian dollars is $458.

A little over a year ago I blew one up, and I just exploded another one today.

What other options do I have because I'm having trouble finding anything else online.

Thanks
Allan

Star suspension has a sleeve kit for the rear shock. Check it out only 35 bucks if I recall correctly. I got it done while I was ordering their kit.

It will continue to happen, same thing happened to me. Personally, I would get a set of Fox Zero Pro's. They are pretty durable and parts, rebuild kits are readily available. Well, at least to people in the states, you may want to look in to availability in your area before buying any brand quite frankly. Carver can make up a set to fit your sled, both rears would probably be less than the one stocker, and perform much better quite frankly.

Sounds like you're crashing through the shock's stroke too much. Perhaps swap out your stock torsion springs for heavier duty ones along with the new shock.

The line to the remote res is too restrictive, this causes a build up of pressure in the shock during compression, I would imagine this effect is more pronounced in extreme cold temps. Hygear makes a hi flow res mod to cure this problem. Or just get the zero pro fox shocks.

Here's the hygear link: http://www.hygearsuspension.com/YamahaS ... eport.html

Here's the Carver link: http://www.carverperformance.com/home.php?cat=287

Awesome awesome awesome!! You guys are giving me options! Much appreciated, cause I couldn't find any of this stuff myself.

As far as the shocks blowing, (especially this second go-around) I think part of the reason it went was from water in the shock oil and the shock partially freezing up and me riding it anyway, and unless i'm running something cheaper I should start having the oil/nytrogen changed every summer. It's my own fault really, even though you guys outline some defects/poor designs.

Yellowknife said:
Daranello said:
well dont do fox airs...-30c on my firecat repeated fail.

Elka's are amazing in the SxS bizz and they are breaking into sleds...tough shocks I hear

http://www.elkasuspension.com/products/snowmobile/

Thanks. They don't list an offering for the XTX rear but I've sent an inquiry in.

Hopefully they can help..... Being a Canadian co. You think they would know about extreme riding conditions. Bonus is no Canadian customs BS to deal with

Ya talk to hygear. They have a whole kit for these rear shocks. They said there are a lot that blow out on these rear suspensions. Mostly rtx they told me, but all have their issues. They put in a larger hose, resi, and openings with the kit. I would give them a call. They can explain it very well. Just my .02

hy-gear does wonders for the whole set-up on the nytro IMO, and have good customer service

Back